Reload this Page >

Help needed in the Melbourne area

Help needed in the Melbourne area

Old Jul 24th 2010, 3:07 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed in the Melbourne area

Originally Posted by bobthedog
I have been advised to make one of them sue me. That way it is in my local court that the case would be heard. That is what I will do.
I know how they work. I have the investigation started and the website created.. We will see how it goes.

But all I was asking was for someone in the area to check something. Seems nobody will...
It won't happen. You have effectively zero chance of getting anything out of eBay. They are just the site that introduces buyers to sellers... and believe me, they have that legally sown up tighter than a ducks arse. I'm a friend of somebody, who I actually met via eBay discussion boards, who filled a class action lawsuit against eBay in the US. It dragged on for years and it became obvious that she was never going to win, as eBay fight every action to the death. Any chink in the eBay armour has the potential to cost them hundreds of millions... they let nothing just slide past them.
Realistically, unless you are prepared to fight eBay for a decade and plough thousands of dollars into it you should just give it up now.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Jul 24th 2010 at 3:11 am.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

And the moral of the story is...

Don't use Paypal.

Caveat venditor!
Old Jul 24th 2010, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

This is what I was advised by a lawyer in the US today. If I can get them to start a proceeding against me then I will have automatic right to file a counterclaim.
the trick is to annoy them badly enough for them to start it. That way, the case is not fought on their turf, Santa Clara, California. If you try to start an action against them then it has to be filed and fought there, but if they start against you then it has to be fought in your district and that is where you would register the counterclaim. That way, they are the ones that have to be sending reps and spending money. You need a lawyer prepared to write the initial counterclaim and to file it, then, because it is response, they are liable when they lose.
Trying to fight them there is a complete waste of time, but fighting them here would be a much better option. Here, I could get my lawyer to have the adjournment owing to a problem instead of it being them doing it to me.

I would like to see them lose. I would like to see them try a case here. Remember that all the reporting to the Police and the Post Office has originated here. As they are clearly not able to defend the fraudster, they would not be in such a good position.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 3:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

But all I was asking was for someone in the area to check something. Seems nobody will...
But why would we? None of us knows you from Adam, so how could we possibly know this isn't some sort of scam as well? Or something that could be illegal or endanger us?

Oh, and telling the RCMP that you intend to commit a violent act is not really the most intelligent thing to do.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I was advised by a lawyer in the US today. If I can get them to start a proceeding against me then I will have automatic right to file a counterclaim.
the trick is to annoy them badly enough for them to start it. That way, the case is not fought on their turf, Santa Clara, California. If you try to start an action against them then it has to be filed and fought there, but if they start against you then it has to be fought in your district and that is where you would register the counterclaim. That way, they are the ones that have to be sending reps and spending money. You need a lawyer prepared to write the initial counterclaim and to file it, then, because it is response, they are liable when they lose.
Trying to fight them there is a complete waste of time, but fighting them here would be a much better option. Here, I could get my lawyer to have the adjournment owing to a problem instead of it being them doing it to me.

I would like to see them lose. I would like to see them try a case here. Remember that all the reporting to the Police and the Post Office has originated here. As they are clearly not able to defend the fraudster, they would not be in such a good position.
As he is located in Melbourne the jurisdiction is with the Victoria Police. Report the fraud to them. Your local Police won't be able to do anything and they're not going to extradite him/her for a petty crime.

You should have his/her details address where you posted the item to? Give that to the coppers.

This is the best (and only) course of action.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Simple really. I am prepared to provide all the evidence accrued so far. All the emails from my account and from another I am in contact with. I can show my side of this entire episode, and I am prepared to do so.

You are right, you don't know me. I was asking for a helping hand, and that was all. You have no reason to insinuate anything about me, this person in Melbourne has already done that quite enough, thankyou very much.

In honesty, I should have known better. I have received responses from some people, and I am very grateful for that. I assure you that I would do the same in return with all possible will. But the whole reason I never started using this forum before, despite being registered for quite some time, was because people always come out with nonsense like that.

Ask yourself this.. I have never had any claims against me on ebay, the feedback for my username is all good. I cannot have a criminal record or Canada would not have accepted me in the first place.

Think, Dorothy, before issuing forth with ill manners, please.
Why would anyone help? Pure decency should be good enough reason.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Simple really. I am prepared to provide all the evidence accrued so far. All the emails from my account and from another I am in contact with. I can show my side of this entire episode, and I am prepared to do so.

You are right, you don't know me. I was asking for a helping hand, and that was all. You have no reason to insinuate anything about me, this person in Melbourne has already done that quite enough, thankyou very much.

In honesty, I should have known better. I have received responses from some people, and I am very grateful for that. I assure you that I would do the same in return with all possible will. But the whole reason I never started using this forum before, despite being registered for quite some time, was because people always come out with nonsense like that.

Ask yourself this.. I have never had any claims against me on ebay, the feedback for my username is all good. I cannot have a criminal record or Canada would not have accepted me in the first place.

Criminal matters have a tendency to get complicated very quickly. Why would anybody that doesn't know you want to get involved and end up dealing with the Police?

To be quite honest, I thought you had a nerve with your original request. A bit too forward.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Had you asked, you would have understood that there would be no real involvement on anyones part but my own. It was a verification I was after and nothing more.

I would never have said how I came about the info, I would have simply pushed ebay to check it and to take the necessary action. Instead, you consider either I have "nerve" or am somehow shady..

Ask yourself what you would do if the shoe were on the other foot, always assuming you can.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 6:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What has anyone insinuated about you? I simply said that none of us here knows you and even if you can provide all the evidence you have it's only one side of a story. And how would anyone be able to verify the evidence was real anyway?
Nonsense like what? Saying people might be a little wary of a request by a stranger from the internet to look into something?

But how do we know what YOU are saying is the truth? And FYI, you can emigrate to Canada with a criminal record.
Ill manners? Please! I though I was extremely restrained in my reply.
Ok. Now, put yourself in the other side of things. Some stranger on the internet asks you to "check something out" on the other side of the world. Would you immediately do it or would you be skeptical and perhaps point the stranger in the direction of where they could get the information for themselves?
Old Jul 24th 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

No, you can't immigrate to Canada under the system I used with a record unless you get a Pardon. Sorry, but I know this well enough. And you cannot cross into the USA with any moral turpitude convictions.

As for the rest of your post.. well you must judge for yourself. I genuinely do hope you never get into this position. Concerning evidence, you are wrong, I have all the emails from the people involved, and from Ebay (even stating that they had taken punitive action against the buyer). I am happy to share all of it, in fact I have on a website.

Maybe insinuation was a little strong, but you straight away are suspicious and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am up to no good. This suggests that you consider me shady, or potentially so.

Even I would not be so foolish as to start a thread here without having enough proof that I am right. I would be astounded if anyone would, although I suppose there are people out there.

My request was straightforward and fair enough. I know I would do the same in return because I am also acting for another in the same position as me. I also have emails from a number of others who have all been caught in the same, or similar, manner this year, and by the same buyer.

I am not as foolish as you consider me to be.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 7:45 am
Still alive

No, you can't immigrate to Canada under the system I used with a record unless you get a Pardon. Sorry, but I know this well enough. And you cannot cross into the USA with any moral turpitude convictions.

What you said was that you cannot emigrate to Canada with a criminal history. Whether you can under the system you used or not is irrelevant. The fact is that you can legally emigrate there with criminal convictions.

And who said anything about crossing the border into the US? I was born and raised in Canada, so do know a little about both our immigration system and crossing the border.

Now...I shall unsubscribe from this thread because your request does seem shady and frankly you bore me.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Even I would not be so foolish as to start a thread here without having enough proof that I am right. I would be astounded if anyone would, although I suppose there are people out there.

My request was straightforward and fair enough. I know I would do the same in return because I am also acting for another in the same position as me. I also have emails from a number of others who have all been caught in the same, or similar, manner this year, and by the same buyer.
I guess part of me is quite sad that the way we are nowadays makes us mistrust people and expect them to prove themselves honest instead of the other way round. I'll admit when I read your post at first if you had been new to the forum I'd have deleted it as possible spam The other thing that I wondered about was exactly what you wanted verified, but not being in Melbourne I probably wouldn't have been a lot of help anyway!! Had I been down that way I might have been tempted to pm you -I see you have had some responses from people so I hope you are getting somewhere - though I don't like your chances against ebay and Paypal!

I wish you luck though - maybe I'm too trusting,but.....
Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

As for the rest of your post.. well you must judge for yourself. I genuinely do hope you never get into this position. Concerning evidence, you are wrong, I have all the emails from the people involved, and from Ebay (even stating that they had taken punitive action against the buyer). I am happy to share all of it, in fact I have on a website.

Maybe insinuation was a little strong, but you straight away are suspicious and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am up to no good. This suggests that you consider me shady, or potentially so.

I am not as foolish as you consider me to be.
Dorothy is being Dorothy.

Check her recent posts using advanced search.

The power goes to the head of some moderators.

The world owes me attention!

Averaging 9 posts/day is impressive - I think.

What is the current record?

Ian
Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:49 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Dorothy is being Dorothy.

Check her recent posts using advanced search.

The power goes to the head of some moderators.

The world owes me attention!

Averaging 9 posts/day is impressive - I think.

What is the current record?

Ian
Dorothy isn't a moderator.... and as for "The world owes me attention" I thought she answered, what was basically a pretty dumb request, perfectly reasonably.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 11:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Dorothy isn't a moderator.... and as for "The world owes me attention" I thought she answered, what was basically a pretty dumb request, perfectly reasonably.
Friend of Dorothy?

Same attitude IMHO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.