Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed to find stolen horse

Help needed to find stolen horse

Old Sep 25th 2010, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Susi K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed to find stolen horse

It's fantastic news! The support for Amanda and Thomas has been amazing, and let's hope they find the person who took him, although the main thing is that he is safe and sound and back where he belongs. Amanda is updating news of him on the Missing Our Thomas page as well as her own page. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...8068470&v=wall

Sounds as if he is OK.

Many, many thanks to all those of you who were so kind and supportive during this dreadful time.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 11:32 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed to find stolen horse

Originally Posted by Susi K
It's fantastic news! The support for Amanda and Thomas has been amazing, and let's hope they find the person who took him, although the main thing is that he is safe and sound and back where he belongs. Amanda is updating news of him on the Missing Our Thomas page as well as her own page. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...8068470&v=wall

Sounds as if he is OK.

Many, many thanks to all those of you who were so kind and supportive during this dreadful time.
And well done for all of your efforts
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Susi K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed to find stolen horse - update

A few people on other forums have mentioned that they would like to have more news about how Thomas was found. He may be back with his mum, but many hundreds of people took his story to their hearts, and so for the benefit of anybody who is not a member of the Facebook group, here is a message from the group's administrator, Anne, a very good friend of Thomas' owners:

"Amanda and Steve received a call early on Saturday morning (Australia that is late Friday night in the UK) telling them that Tom was back in the valley at the centre that he was taken from. Amanda and Steve left the house for the centre within a few minutes.. very shocked and most of all delighted that Tom was back..

So excited was Amanda that she phoned me on her way to the yard....I was just snuggled in my bed and dropping off nicely....being 1am. But I didnt mind and spent the next 2 hours up on facebook letting everyone know whilst I waited to hear from Amanda as to how Tom was. (I was just to excited to sleep)

When Amanda and Steve got to the yard a vet had been called to check Tom out. He arrived and after a thorough check up he said Tom was fine, he was suffering from a little dehydration and had an upset stomach which he was treated for. Amanda added that the vet was very pleased to see Tom as he had received 72 posters about Tom from 72 different people in the last week and was now looking forward to checking his emails knowing that Tom was home safe and sound. Amanda and Steve spent the rest of the day with Tom watching and checking that he was ok. Again thank you for sending posters to everyone that you could think of it certainly made a difference to this vet as he knew Tom before he had even seen him....

We do not know where he came from, who had him or how he got back to the centre but it appears that he was taken rather than wondered off as his general condition was too good to have been out in the wild for 17 days, although he did not look his best according to Amanda.

Needless to say Amanda and Steve are delighted. Amanda is still in shock and just cannot believe that Tom is home safe and sound. She said although she kept hoping that he would come back she had, deep down decided that he was gone forever and that without you all. he would have been gone forever. She believes that it is down to the hard work of all of you that Tom is home with her.

I will give you all another update in a week or two before I close the group. It has been a real experience to see how many people do care about others and how much they are willing to do to help. Thank you all once again.

Anne"