Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed to find stolen horse

Help needed to find stolen horse

Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Susi K is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help needed to find stolen horse

Last week Our Thomas, a piebald gypsy cob, vanished from Glenworth Valley agistment in Sydney, NSW. Our Thomas and his owners only moved to Australia two months ago. He is a very distinctive horse, with one blue and one brown eye, as well as having a hogged mane and feathers, and a brand. His owners are desperate to find him, so please, please keep your eyes and ears open, and if you have any information, pass it on. Contact details on following YouTube and FaceBook links. He is presumed stolen.

YouTube - MISSING/STOLEN HORSE Gypsy Cob "Our Thomas"

Missing Our Thomas | Facebook

Thanks for reading this.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Help needed to find stolen horse

Sorry, the links to Facebook and YouTube didn't work on the above post. Trying again now, in the hope that kind people will have a look, and pass the word around to as many others as possible, in the hope of finding this horse, or information as to his whereabouts, so that he can be reunited with his owners.

http://www.facebook.com//group.php?gid=108122582581760

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDS0jU1h6Vo

I know it's a long shot, but we, friends of Thomas' owners, many of us living in Europe, are trying everything and anything that we can possibly do to get this horse back safely, and the best way that we can do that from where we are is to contact forums like yours to ask for your help in spreading the word.

If anyone has any information, please call or text Amanda on <contact author via PM> or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 1800 333 000.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 19th 2010 at 12:20 am. Reason: Sorry for your loss however unwise to post phone number
Old Sep 18th 2010, 9:18 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you recover your horse soon
Old Sep 19th 2010, 1:20 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

You should go to A Current Affair with this story,it's would be a very hot for them and may get you a result.
I hope you get him back.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 2:48 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I've joined the facebook group and forwarded to all my horse friends and asked them to do the same. I'll also try and get it posted on equestribe and emmasshowhorses.

Have you contacted the Australian Paint Horse association? They will have most contacts for anyone who might be intersted in a coloured horse and might be willing to post something on their website?

Coloured cobs of Thomas's type are just starting to become popular in Australia and a few people are importing them from Europe but the prices are very high - I'm sure he has been stolen for this reason and not anything more sinister as suggested on the facebook group.

Try googleing coloured gypsy cob sites in Australia - like Wattlelanestables, and spread the word that way as well. He'll turn up eventually - there are not many of them around and so he wont go unnoticed.

Fingers crossed.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks to you all for your support. I believe A Current Affair has already been approached, but I don't know the outcome yet.

Thanks to Ponyrama for those useful suggestions and for joining the group.

If anybody is able to place posters in their area, please PM me and I will email a copy.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Help needed to find stolen horse

It's now 15 days since Our Thomas disappeared. Please, kind people, don't forget him, and spread the word to contacts in Oz and ask if they can put up posters in their area, no matter where.

http://www.facebook.com//group.php?gid=108122582581760

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDS0jU1h6Vo
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Just learned that a few months ago there was a sick hoax regarding a missing gypsy cob, started in Victoria via Petlink.

Please be assured that THIS ONE IS DEFINITELY NOT A HOAX.

Our Thomas is missing, and his owner wants him back.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 2:09 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Susi K
Just learned that a few months ago there was a sick hoax regarding a missing gypsy cob, started in Victoria via Petlink.

Please be assured that THIS ONE IS DEFINITELY NOT A HOAX.

Our Thomas is missing, and his owner wants him back.
Ive joined the facebook group as well.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, PP. The group will be very honoured to have a Princess as a member.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:44 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

According to the FB group Thomas has been found, is this true? I really hope so...
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:58 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
According to the FB group Thomas has been found, is this true? I really hope so...
It seems its been posted by the owner Amanda, hope its true, just going to keep checking for more details and i hope they prosecute whoever took him.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:11 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
It seems its been posted by the owner Amanda, hope its true, just going to keep checking for more details and i hope they prosecute whoever took him.
Defo!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:15 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Just got a message from the facebook group saying that Thomas has been found and he is back home with his owner. Message said they will provide more details on how he is once they have them.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Just got a message from the facebook group saying that Thomas has been found and he is back home with his owner. Message said they will provide more details on how he is once they have them.
That is fabulous, I hope the thieving bastard that stole him is named and shamed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.