Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help! My son is very unsettled.....

Help! My son is very unsettled.....

Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help! My son is very unsettled.....

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Not convinced it's a 'moving over here' thing. There were always boys (generalisation granted but from what I saw, boys were worse) doing exactly the same thing when my girls were in the early years of school in the UK. Obviously moving overseas doesn't help but some kids do this and some don't. The kids get over it as soon as mum leaves but mum stresses 24/7 thinking they've done something evil. The joys of parenthood!

Totally agree, my son aged loved Grade 1 for the first six months and then he started to go through the whole not wanting to go, he had to be prised off me every morning for months and we never got to the bottom of it until years later......... My son told me the reason was he remembers he just wanted to stay home with me!! He had friends, he loved his teacher but he just wanted to be at home with me... which is so sweet but at the time I was having a nervous time thinking of all sorts of things happening during the school day that would have bought on this behaviour.

He is now a confident little thing and loves his school and loves his life in Oz, please don't think this is just because of your move over, boys are very clingy my friend who is a prep/grade 1 teacher told me it is always the boys that suffer the worse being away from mum.

PS my 13 year old will not do a sleepover.,.,,,I know it's a phase and I can't imagine at 18 he is still going to want to be with me every night!