Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP MANDRAH ROCKINGHAM OR QUINNS AREA CLARKSON TAPPING (NORTH

HELP MANDRAH ROCKINGHAM OR QUINNS AREA CLARKSON TAPPING (NORTH

Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:58 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP MANDRAH ROCKINGHAM OR QUINNS AREA CLARKSON TAPPING (NORTH

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I like Coogee Beach - great for swimming, North Fremantle, Rottnest is beautiful, I think we have very nice beaches here.

I agree, I would be interested to know which beaches verystormy thinks are superior to Perth ones.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I agree, I would be interested to know which beaches verystormy thinks are superior to Perth ones.
Yeah, and ones in third world countries where people hassle you on the beach don't count.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. The runners up in no particular order:

La Serena, Chile

Mancora, Peru

Most of the Maldives

Trincomalee, Sri Lanka

Koh Phi Phi (10 years ago before it was popular. Not sure now)

The winner.............

I only know of a couple of other people who have found this beach.......

It is very small.

It is a beach on the north west tip of scotland and to get to it requires going over Ben Heilam near Durness, it is completly hidden by the mountain from all sides except the sea. It is the softest purest white sand i have ever come across with shining blue turquise water and the most amazing view as the highlands wrap around it.

Though have to say a LOT of the beaches there are VERY special. It just it is so bloody cold a lot of the time, but when the weather is just right....heaven with sand
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:26 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by bruce67
Hey - whats with picking on Mandurah!

That 750 000 place is a very poor example of property in Mandurah. I live in an oldish(20 years) part of Halls Head in a nice cul de sac, 5 minutes walk from the beach. 4 bed 2 bath, dbl garage, 2 lounges, family room, solar, AC, 800sq meter block etc, cost us 420 000. As for mozzies havent seen one in 2 years(2007 was a bad year. Port Bouvard is overpriced and rated in my opinion. Schools are plentiful both state and Church schools and Perth is a 45 minute train ride away or an hour by car on the new freeway. I work locally and love the place. Mandurah may seem to have a lot of land but most of it is unavailable for development. Mandurah may take a dip in prices but when things return to "normal" world economy wise, Mandurah will probably continue where it left off pre-crash as one of the fastest growing areas Aus wide nevermind WA. Good luck with you search and don't trust google earth - the real thing is much better
Well pointed out, that man! Google Earth is sooooo out of date too. We have lived in our house for a year now, yet the build hasn't even begun on GE. Mandurah Baptist looks like a couple of 'dongers', yet the school has been there since before we moved to Oz in 2008. Parts of Mandurah on GE are as old as 2006, so I wouldn't rely on that too much. Nearmap would be a better website to use. It's updated every month.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
Mancora, Peru
Good list, I've seen the Maldives from the Emirates flight from Perth to Dubai and they do look fantastic I have to say.

You said you and your Mrs have lived in lots of countries, did you live in Peru? I ask because I lived there for 7 years when I was a kid.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - my missus is Peruvian. Born and bred in Lima and most of her family is still there
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:58 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by verystormy
Yep - my missus is Peruvian. Born and bred in Lima and most of her family is still there
Fancy that.

Here's another co-incidence. I used to work on the mines just outside Kal and I was chatting to the Canadian mine manager. It turns out he was at Markham College in Lima at the same time as I was.

Small world.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Very small world. There are actually a fair few Peruvians in Perth.