Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help. I'm going mad!!!!!

Help. I'm going mad!!!!!

Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help. I'm going mad!!!!!

I should have been in Oz by now but alas it is not to be (yet)
My 14 years wait is nearly up to 15 years!!!!

Outside I have a calm composure where as inside I'm feeling desperate and upset.MR booboo will have to validate his visa by end of March. I cannot see us being in the position to move by then (selling the bricks and mortor)..

Sorry I just had to moan (H.Garrett said I could , Thanx H)
I also wanted to be back in Melbourne for me 40th biffday which is on Australian day. No hope of that. Sorry to moan but I do feel bit better for having shared it with my cyber mates...

booboo (outside) (inside)
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:31 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Oh Boo Boo I bet you feel like having a right old boo hoo!

Just think that this time next year you WILL be there - and miracles can happen with your house - maybe a buyer will be your Christmas present.

If you have waited this long to go, then a few more months isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

I can guess how frustrated you are, but hang in there - it will all be worth it.

Feel free to send me a ranting PM whenever you like!!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanx pollster... I'll do that.. I hate to put negatives on the forum but I guess you peeps can take it and give me some encouragement...

thanx
booboo
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:41 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

That is why we are here!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:49 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Booboo,
just wanted to say hang in there. It will happen.

In the meantime is it possible to plan to go with Mr Booboo on his validation trip ? (if the house sale doesnt happen before that). At least that way you have the happy thought of being back in Oz for a while even if its not the "real" way.

Dont worry about moaning. After 14 years of waiting, you deserve to have a few moans.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:29 pm
FayenPaul

faye_gillan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help. I'm going mad!!!!!

Hi, I am fairly new here too !!! Oh my god ! how on earth has it taken 14 years for your application to come through?????? I am intrigued,???? What a nightmare I think I would have lost the plot by now!!! Stick in there though and fingers crossed for you xx
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

hi Faye

I was on my back back to aus. when I met Mr Booboo so I held off going back. Unfortunatley Mr BooBoo said he wouldnt want to live there and I had to make do with going to Perth to visit my brother, but last Jan Mr Booboo said he would like to live there but it would have to be Melbourne due to work and the weather ( he cant take prolong spells of heat ) so last March we sent in his spouse application and have been trying to get the house sold and completed all the way through ever since.
It is taking too long for me and I just feel so frustrated it is undescribable how I feel inside. My dream of returning is so close but not quite reachable at the moment.
If we are no nearer top selling by the beginning of March then I may take my daughter and myself with him to Melbourne to validate the visa. Trouble is I wont want to get back on the plane to return to the uk.

BooBoo
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:58 pm
FayenPaul

faye_gillan is an unknown quantity at this point

I see, Oh my God You poor thing !!! What seems to be the problem with the house? Houses are selling like hot cakes up here in Scotland? I used to work in Estate Agency in Leasing. Would you consider leasing out your property to start with/ Could you put it on the market FOR SALE OR LEASE?

FINGERS CROSSED xx Keep us posted hope you get a nice big offer for from Santa
Old Dec 15th 2003, 4:18 pm
WBB

hang in there booboo, the best things come to those who wait, and you have certainly waited long enough!!!!

lets see what the new year brings.

Old Dec 15th 2003, 4:22 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by booboo

Outside I have a calm composure where as inside I'm feeling desperate and upset.MR booboo will have to validate his visa by end of March. I cannot see us being in the position to move by then (selling the bricks and mortor)..

I also wanted to be back in Melbourne for me 40th biffday which is on Australian day. No hope of that. Sorry to moan but I do feel bit better for having shared it with my cyber mates...

Keep hanging in there Boo Boo, 6mths seemed bad enough for us to wait but I can see why your're a bit stressed. All us nutters will keep our fingers crossed for you.

Best wishes

Warren (& Jill)

Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Oh Boo Boo, Moan all you like we never tire of listening on here! Things will happen eventually and you must have the patience of a saint. I am trying to send some positive vibes your way so that the house sells quickly.

Don't give up, after all in the grand scheme of things it will be worth the wait and at least you know you will love it out there
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep your chin up Booboo, you will just have to pospone Australia Day/Birthday until you get there. Get the expats to organise one of their picnics and then you can celebrate in style.

footie chick x
Old Dec 15th 2003, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by booboo

Oh booboo,
just wanted to say the same as the other peeps really your'e nearly there so hang on in, the housing market will pick up in January and before you know it you'll have a buyer and be on that plane
take care
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:29 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Hi Booboo.

I know I've said it before but just hang in there. It will all be so much sweeter when you do finally arrive.

have a great Xmas with your family here in the Uk and look foward to what will be a great new year - after all you are that much closer now than you were this time last year!

Sally and family