Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP! Have a 5kg Parcel that I need to get from UK to Australia

HELP! Have a 5kg Parcel that I need to get from UK to Australia

Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:14 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP! Have a 5kg Parcel that I need to get from UK to Australia

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They look quite good actually, may come in handy for my next shopping trip home! I take it you were happy with the service?
Absolutely - the only problem was that once we had booked they called to confirm and dropped a bombshell that DHL "MIGHT" levy an additional charge for clearing customs, something that was not mentioned on their website. However they also indicated that given that the overall value of the package was low (200GBP) it was unlikely that this charge would be made. (The charge was about $130 AUD). In any case no additional charge was made but if you're shipping somnething substantial back (prob 1000 GBP value or more) you should be aware that this additional charge might be made.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ridds
Absolutely - the only problem was that once we had booked they called to confirm and dropped a bombshell that DHL "MIGHT" levy an additional charge for clearing customs, something that was not mentioned on their website. However they also indicated that given that the overall value of the package was low (200GBP) it was unlikely that this charge would be made. (The charge was about $130 AUD). In any case no additional charge was made but if you're shipping somnething substantial back (prob 1000 GBP value or more) you should be aware that this additional charge might be made.
Thanks for that, I'm thinking mainly of just £200 of clothes, that sort of thing, and my yearly book mountain, nothing of exceptionally high value. WIth their low prices though its worth the risk of having a small customs charge the other end. Cheers for the link
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Jarvl will become famous soon enoughJarvl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jarvl
We used them for car parts from the UK. The guys at the garage that needed the parts were very impressed, reckoned they couldn't get parts that quickly from Brisbane! You can track it all the way, our parcel was picked up from my parents Friday eve (Uk time) and was delivered here Tuesday morning. Didn't get charged any extra.