Help

Old Jun 11th 2015, 6:54 am
Just Joined

bobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help

Hi guys
I am moving to Melbourne to start a new job at RMIT , need advice about the best place to live near to work I am late 40s female moving on my own . Need somewhere not to far from work in a safe area .
Thank for your help
Old Jun 11th 2015, 8:53 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Help

Originally Posted by bobvera.hall
Hi guys
I am moving to Melbourne to start a new job at RMIT , need advice about the best place to live near to work I am late 40s female moving on my own . Need somewhere not to far from work in a safe area .
Thank for your help
Hi, I recommend you consider living in the CBD. You may well be able to walk to work, it is fairly safe in Melbourne except late on Friday nights etc!

There are lots of nice apartment blocks in the city.

The other place to maybe consider is Docklands which would be a longer walk or short tram ride.

BB
Old Jun 11th 2015, 9:11 am
Just Joined

bobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of lightbobvera.hall is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Help

Thank you for your advice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hi, I recommend you consider living in the CBD. You may well be able to walk to work, it is fairly safe in Melbourne except late on Friday nights etc!

There are lots of nice apartment blocks in the city.

The other place to maybe consider is Docklands which would be a longer walk or short tram ride.

BB
Old Jun 12th 2015, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help

Personally I would plump for the older, more characterful suburbs like Carlton, North Merlbourne or Parkville - still walking distance (or very short tram ride) to RMIT's city campus. Docklands and much of the CBD feel a bit like Canary Wharf in London at the weekends, but even quieter. Like everything it depends on what you are looking for.

Last edited by DC10; Jun 12th 2015 at 1:56 am.
Old Jun 13th 2015, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with both of the above posters. RMIT campus is just off Swanston Street and this is the main north-south thoroughfare in the CBD, with several tram lines and Melbourne Central metro station 2 minutes walk away. La Trobe Street intersects Swanston Street at RMIT so you also have the tram lines running east -west / v.v. as well. From my 5 years of living in Melbourne, I'd say it is about as good as it gets from a commuting perspective!

Good luck
Old Jun 13th 2015, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys for answering