Hello I'm New

Old May 29th 2008, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello I'm New

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi FA, think I am the oldest one though
But your Paul is younger than my Paul. So that averages out.
Old May 30th 2008, 11:15 am
Just Joined

moving2oz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi there - We don't even know where to settle yet. Have been over twice and stayed on the Sunshine Coast but also want to look at the Gold Coast too. It is a bit unsettling not knowing where but I am sure somewhere will hit us when we go. We will stay initially for a month on the Gold Coast to have a good look and then on to Sunshine Coast to have another look. Will also look at suberbs around Brisbane but basically it is put a pin on the map at the moment. Where are you hoping to settle, any ideas?

I only booked the flights last night on a whim and because they were a good deal but have not sold the house yet and it has been on since January. Have a viewing tomorrow but if it doesn't sell we will rent it out for a while.

Where in Hampshire do you live. I lived in Farnborough for a while and have 2 sisters down there.

Nicky

Hi, I live near Winchester, we're hoping to head to Redcliffe area. Paul has a job in Geebung in the north of Brisbane not far from the airport. We wanted to be near the coast but not to far for Paul to travel either. It will be about a 20 minute trip for him from Redcliffe and he plans to buy a motor bike to make it easier during rush hour.
Redcliffe ticks all the boxes for what we want as a family, schools look ok and beaches look clean. I love the sunshine coast and its only an hours drive from Redcliffe.
Make's the adverture of moving to OZ more fun if your not sure we're you'll be. Once your there I'm sure you'll find the perfect place to call home
Who have you booked your flights with, how much if you don't mind me being noisey
I would love to make a trip there before we move, even if it's just hubby to get a rented place and check out the schools.
The way the visa process is going on the 175 paper based we won't be there till early next year
Where you from?
Nicky x
Old May 30th 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Thats very scary 3 Nicky and Paul's
Old May 31st 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

jaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nice

Hiya,
I'm hoping to move to redcliffe in the next 5-6 weeks...I'm jacq going with husband,9yr old daughter & 6yr old son......have a job in redcliffe hospital & can't wait to go !!! phoned scarborough & humpybong state schools & they both have space for the kids so we'll check them out when we get there.
jacq
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jaca
Hiya,
I'm hoping to move to redcliffe in the next 5-6 weeks...I'm jacq going with husband,9yr old daughter & 6yr old son......have a job in redcliffe hospital & can't wait to go !!! phoned scarborough & humpybong state schools & they both have space for the kids so we'll check them out when we get there.
jacq
Hey there, you must be very excited about moving, not long really
I can imagine you just want to get there and start your new life.
Will you be based in Redcliffe?
I've been looking at Clontarf area. As far as school, I've read mixed reviews on the schools. But I have think sometimes it's what the kid makes of the school as much of what the school is like. You must stay in touch. We hope to be there early next year.
take care Nicky
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Hi Nicky,
we are moving to brisbane in jan. 2009 but keeping fingers crossed that we will poss. be able to move before( things might be changing here).
We are going on a reccie in July so will be able to give you more info after that hopefully.
We have 3 sons, 18,14 and 13(well, they will be by the beg. of july).
We've been looking at Sunshine coast and North lakes so hoping the reccie will clear things up altho' a friend has just moved to Sinammon Park and that threw me coz it sounds nice.
OH is in construction.
Welcome to BE,
Babs
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by moving2oz
Hi Everyone, thanks for the warm welcome to BE
Carl, I have red many posts of Redcliffe, I put redcliffe into search and it come up with loads. A little tired today as I was up til 2.3am reading them all!!!!!
Where on holiday have you gone?
Have a good one
Hi Nicky
Went to Florida for 3 and 1/2 weeks, had a fantastic time.
Redcliffe does look nice, we are hoping to recieve our visa around Oct/Nov time.
how are you progressing?
regards
Carl
Old Jul 1st 2008, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hi Nicky
Went to Florida for 3 and 1/2 weeks, had a fantastic time.
Redcliffe does look nice, we are hoping to recieve our visa around Oct/Nov time.
how are you progressing?
regards
Carl
Hi Carl, Glad to hear you had a great holiday...........I need one of them ahahah permently in OZ
Progress is slow, I'm sure it can't be much longer before we get case officer
Doesn't help stuck indoors with my leg in an aircast.
I agree with you Redcliffe looks lovely area
Nicky
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

katieandpaul74 will become famous soon enough

Hello,
We're also new to this!! We are going to Perth next year, hopefully July/Aug. We have two young boys, aged 4 and 1, so will be leaving them with Grandma, and making a trip over in Feb to check out the area etc, see where we would like to settle!! And have job interviews set up already. All very scary, but exciting!! I have an Uncle in Perth which makes the process a bit easier.

The thing I am most dreading is taking the boys from their Grandma!!!! Bless her she is coming out with us for 6 months to help us settle...... we're hoping she loves it so much she doesn't want to leave?????

The reasons for leaving, more family time and out doors life style etc keep us going, and help us to believe we are doing the right thing. We both work for the NHS, so hoping for more job satisfaction too!!!!

Our visa application has started, we have applied for a 175 permanent independent visa, so that will take at least a year to process, house to go on the market end of this year!!

Any advice gratefully received.
Katie and Paul