Heaters?

Old May 19th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heaters?

Hello,
well temperatures finally dropped North of Perth.

As for the lovely open plan house, its an openplan freezer
It now pretty cold on a night and morning.

This house has no heaters (well apart from one air con heater in daughter bedroom). The rest of the house has nowt, and so cold.

What heaters are you using, and any suggestions what to buy.
This is rental so cant be a permanent fire.

I remember good old portable calor gas fires, they could heat up a room quick. However cant seam to find anything but tiny elec fires.

Any input and online stores.

Gems
Old May 19th 2008, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all
Default Re: Heaters?

Hi

Where north of perth are you im in yanchep we have a 7 bar everdue gas fire for sale $800 new from the good guys im after $450 ono but it has been converted to bottle gas but dosnt cost to much to convert back to mains gas. If your interested drop me a email.

Thanks
Neil
Old May 19th 2008, 3:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We use oil filled electric heaters in the bedrooms, they're on timers so they come on an hour before bed for a couple of hours and then an hour before wake up for an hour or so. Work really well. Got a wood burner in the living room so that's great for evenings, but can't be bothered to keep it ticking over at night or relight it in the morning so wooly socks and fleeces then
Old May 19th 2008, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

We have the woodburner in the 'family room' heats most of the house (its small).... you can't put one into a rental but its a good option for when you get your own place...
Old May 19th 2008, 4:06 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

We've got a Rinnai gas fire with a blower and it's great. It plugs into the piped gas and so is portable. It really heats up our family room, you can feel the heat when you walk into the house.
It doesn't heat the bedrooms though, but we have our love to keep us warm
Old May 19th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Our house is freezing....how can they build modern brick homes with such poor insulation and no heating?

So we have got two natural gas points downstairs (one living room & one kitchen) and nothing upstairs. The rental came with a pretty good portable gas heater that plugs in to one of the connections and does heat the living room quite well.

But I have just been looking at buying another natural gas heater that we can plug in to the other connection and they are soo expensive...$700 for the cheapest one and most nearly $1000!

I have bought an oil filled electric radiator for the kitchen, but thinking of moving it upstairs...but I bet the electric meter is flying round with it on.

Its not even winter yet!

Anyone any suggestions on cheaper suppliers of natural gas heaters in NSW?
Old May 19th 2008, 11:18 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Our living room has a fully glass wall - 4 patio doors with glass louvres either side, and even the wall above all this is glass. Offers a lovely view of the garden and I'm sure will be open all summer, but right now it's freezing.

We bought some of these: http://www.noirot.com.au/EPH_spotplus.html
We paid a bit more for ones with timers.

With hindsight I think they're overpriced (whatever, I just know I was so cold I was almost in tears) but they're sleek and I thought would be easier to clean than the Delonghi models. The sales pitch we got from Good Guys was that they're made in Europe which, these days, appears to be a rarity.
Old May 20th 2008, 12:27 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Oil fired electric heaters in the bedrooms and offices. Only one that's been turned on so far is the bedroom one and we sure as hell aren't in a sub-tropical zone.
Old May 20th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

It reminds me of my parents house 30 years ago...no central heating and mum telling us not to use the fan heaters for too long because the 'lecie meter would be wizzing round.

I guess using natural gas has to be cheaper than electric, but then does the fact that you can get an electric heater from Bunnies for $100 offset the fact that a gas heater is $700+????
Old May 20th 2008, 1:27 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
It reminds me of my parents house 30 years ago...no central heating and mum telling us not to use the fan heaters for too long because the 'lecie meter would be wizzing round.

I guess using natural gas has to be cheaper than electric, but then does the fact that you can get an electric heater from Bunnies for $100 offset the fact that a gas heater is $700+????
bunnings do a gas fan htr which uses lpg for 188 bucks
i`m going to get one for the short term as the ducted system is at least a month off and its chuffin cold now 7degrees last night
Old May 20th 2008, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the input,
Think I will have a look at bunning for those gas heaters.

Gems