heading for oz

Old Oct 1st 2001, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

graeme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, having finished university a yaer ago and worked for an internet company since then I'm trying to find out about the best way to go about emmigrating from the UK to Australia.

In particular I want to know people's views on employing a migration agent.. is it worth it or should I go it alone?

I'm leaving the UK in three months time for a years travel and so have been told to start the process before I depart so that I can class the past years work as "12 months experience in the last 18". Anybody any advice?

I'd also like someone to explain whether I'd be a 'permanent resident' if I got a visa or whether this would be like citizenship in that there is a time delay?

Thanks for your time and I hope someone out there can help!
Old Oct 1st 2001, 7:41 pm
Rob Edwards

From personal experience all solicitors in Australia are qualified and can become
licensed Immigration Agents if they wish to apply and many solicitors firms advertise
these services from within their own resources. You don't say if you have
recognisable qualifications as the Australian Government licences Solicitors or those
who complete the approved course with the Migration Institute. It may be worth your
while doing two years or so with a Licensed Agent before you get out on your own,
this is dependent on your qualifications though.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >