Havin' a ball.

Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Havin' a ball.

Well things on the board look positively sedate lately!! wheres all the bun fights. We are currently in the malverns, bloody beautifdul lovely frosty mornings and -3 one night. Love it, spending my time in proper pubs and husband has to stop me buying 6 bedroom country houses on 3 acres cause its so cheap up here compared to London. Think he will be glad to drag me back to the big smoke tomorrow before I purchase something serious

Have to have a right laugh at night we get pissed and watch Get a new life shows, the continual shots of beaches and erm slightly incorrect info makes for a great night in. Oz is really really glamourised here, people really do think we live in paradise, its quite bizzare what some people say Newspapers funny too, there really are so many of the same issues being discussed.

Biggest shock is we have not found UK that expensive, like 5 years ago the gap was hideous, now it seems comparable. Some things are dear like petrol but others like food is way cheaper. Driving is London is scary, I have to hide my face as husband drives, its a nightmare, but the motorways are fantastic!!!! Cars actually MOVE, we are doing 80mph and cars go wizzing past, we actually get places in no time at all.

Well I had better go, I am in Malvern library and there is a bit of a que forming

Have a great chrissy, think of me loving every frozen minute of it
Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:50 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Havin' a ball.

hello Dotty,

We have missed you, glad to hear your having a great time. Wrap up warm, the site has been lively but probably not as interesting as your hols. have a great chrsitmas.

Donna & Chris.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:53 pm
Badge

good on ya Dotty. Maybe we should organise a SE meet in your honour.

Your comparisons: surely eating out is more expensive here, though?

But remember that it was capital in Australia that enabled you to look at those country homes you talk about in the first place! The average buyer can't get a one bed flat now.

Badge

Old Dec 12th 2003, 2:55 pm
Badge

hey : quick question (forgot)

how much are these country houses on 3 acres????

badge

Old Dec 12th 2003, 3:09 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
The average buyer can't get a one bed flat now.
Badge
There's nothing average about our Dotty
Old Dec 12th 2003, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hiya Dotty

Glad to hear that you are having a great time.

Have a great Christmas.

Debs
Old Dec 13th 2003, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Really great to hear from you! Glad you're enjoying it. Malverns nice area- M-I-L lives in a little village near Evesham.
Agree about food, I think prices are evening out. Some things in the UK are much cheaper - bread for one, others more expensive- steak. Eating out & take aways are cheaper here but then you haven't got such a vast array of ready made meals here - Tesco's finest, M & S etc.

Anyway, have a fantastic rest of holidays - look forward to hearing all about it when you're back

Happy Christmas

Loopy
Old Dec 16th 2003, 1:02 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Well things on the board look positively sedate lately!! wheres all the bun fights. We are currently in the malverns, bloody beautifdul lovely frosty mornings and -3 one night. Love it, spending my time in proper pubs and husband has to stop me buying 6 bedroom country houses on 3 acres cause its so cheap up here compared to London. Think he will be glad to drag me back to the big smoke tomorrow before I purchase something serious

Have to have a right laugh at night we get pissed and watch Get a new life shows, the continual shots of beaches and erm slightly incorrect info makes for a great night in. Oz is really really glamourised here, people really do think we live in paradise, its quite bizzare what some people say Newspapers funny too, there really are so many of the same issues being discussed.

Biggest shock is we have not found UK that expensive, like 5 years ago the gap was hideous, now it seems comparable. Some things are dear like petrol but others like food is way cheaper. Driving is London is scary, I have to hide my face as husband drives, its a nightmare, but the motorways are fantastic!!!! Cars actually MOVE, we are doing 80mph and cars go wizzing past, we actually get places in no time at all.

Well I had better go, I am in Malvern library and there is a bit of a que forming

Have a great chrissy, think of me loving every frozen minute of it
Don't rub it in.. you jammy sod. You'll be pleased to hear that the last couple of days have been hot and humid here, not so bad today.. but hubby is like a bear with a sore head.

I'm gutted I can't go home for Christmas.. talked to mum last night and felt worse. I'd dearly love to be in the UK for christmas.. sob. Get me out of here!

Hope you enjoy christmas you lucky b*gger!

cheers

P.s how about this for a house below ... sigh.
£295,000
This is just the sort of unique property that gives us enormous pleasure to sell. In a lovely private location adjacent to the River Teifi, with views to Cilgerran Castle, yet convenient for the local village amenities, the property comprises and detached period house, the older part of which dates back, we believe, to the 17th century with a larger 19th century addition. During the last two decades or so the property has undergone major refurbishment whilst retaining much of its original charm and character from the proceeding centuries. The property stands in a part walled garden adjacent to the river and nestles in a spectacular slate cliff to the rear. The entrance is via high wooden double gates with a castellated wall echoing the historic Cilgerran Castle which lies just down the river from the property. Internally there are numerous period features including a fine inglenook, some lovely handmade doors, open beam ceilings and original fireplaces etc. For modern living though, there is a comprehensive oil fired heating system and two bathrooms, one of which enjoys a Jacuzzi bath.

The accommodation provides beamed Living/Dining Room, Sitting Room, Games Room, Study/Bedroom 7, Garden Room, Kitchen, Utility Room, 2 Cloakrooms, 6/7 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, gardens front and rear including private walled garden to the fore with direct access onto the river path.

Access to the property is via high wooden double gates with a castellated wall leading to vehicular parking and the rear garden. There is a private door in the castellated wall which leads to the fore of the property. To the fore is a private walled garden with gates leading on to the river path. Two paved terraces and a wealth of mature trees and shrubs.

The rear garden is most attractive backing on to the slate cliff face. Included in the sale is a further area of cliff top land.
Attached Thumbnails Havin' a ball.-p349_3048.jpg  
Old Dec 16th 2003, 1:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Or this:
Offers in the region of £175,000

An opportunity to acquire a most unusual but very attractive property comprising a former school built circa 1870 in the gothic style with later additions. The property stands in approximately 2.5 ACRES of land and has the additional benefit of a range of useful stone OUTBUILDINGS to the rear.The extensive accommodation lends itself to a number of potential uses depending on any prospective purchasers own requirements and of course subject to any planning consents required. Whilst our clients have done some upgrading and modernisation to the property we would point out to prospective purchasers that some further refurbishment work is required.

The accommodation provides hall, 27' living room, cloakroom, dining room, kitchen, study,
2 staircases, 7 bedrooms, bathroom, outbuildings and land aforementioned.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Havin' a ball.-p349_3104.jpg  
Old Dec 16th 2003, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Happy christmas Dotty , thats my home area , really beautiful isnt it around there and the cotswolds . Have a good time .
Joanne
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:00 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Enjoy the rest of your time in the UK Dotty, you lucky thing.

Ceri, the houses are wonderful, I like the 2nd one best.

You had gone a bit quiet on here so I thought maybe you had gone back to the UK too !? Hope you have a good Christmas, even if it is a sweaty one!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:24 am
Badge

where's this? Seems very cheap for the Cotswolds!

badge

Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:42 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
where's this? Seems very cheap for the Cotswolds!

badge
no way is it the cotswolds :0 its miles away from a job i would suspect! Glad your having a good time dotty, enjoy the dark nights and christmas lights cos i am missing them a bit!