Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you used the excess baggage company at heathrow airport

Have you used the excess baggage company at heathrow airport

Old Aug 28th 2011, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default Have you used the excess baggage company at heathrow airport

Hi there.
I am going back to oz next week and have about 15kilos excess baggage. I am on Cathay pacific so can't pay for extra bag and don't want to pay their fees.
I have looked at the post office and it isn't viable to go surface mail with them and I'm not sure about parcelforce. So thought I would try excess at heathrow.
Has anyone used them and give me an idea of fees or service.
You never know Cathay may let me on
Thanks.
Sarah
Old Aug 28th 2011, 11:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you used the excess baggage company at heathrow airport

Originally Posted by sormesher
Hi there.
I am going back to oz next week and have about 15kilos excess baggage. I am on Cathay pacific so can't pay for extra bag and don't want to pay their fees.
I have looked at the post office and it isn't viable to go surface mail with them and I'm not sure about parcelforce. So thought I would try excess at heathrow.
Thanks.
Sarah
Yep I've used them, can't remember the cost but it wasn't outrageous. Main annoyance was that they only ship to Brisbane airport and it was a pain having to go and pick it up, also you may get slammed for an AQIS inspection fee this end - used them twice, had to pay each time.
I use www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk now - cheaper, plus the service is door to door. Also I've used them four times and had no fees this end.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
Hi there.
Thanks.
Sarah
We used them to ship a box of letftover bits and pieces. It was sent by sea (tea carton sized box) and was delivered to our door a few weeks later.

Can't remember what the cost was but it was a whole lot cheaper than Singapore Airlines excess baggage charges!

Cheers

LG
Old Aug 29th 2011, 3:27 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

My son used them in July to send 23kgs of baggage. Cost him about £160 plus he had to pay a small fee when he picked it up in Melbourne 1 week later.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Mike-S will become famous soon enough

That's pretty good, hadn't even realised this service was available. We were having a few issues over the excess baggage for next week it's fair to say, looks like I'll be giving them a call.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:37 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say that if you do use Excess Baggage, get to the airport a bit earlier. When I checked in my son, we were at Heathrow 3 hours in advance. But it took over an hour just to get the baggage sorted with EB and we were the only ones at the desk! The people in the queue behind us would have waited much longer as there was only 1 person on duty. There's an awful lot of paperwork to fill in
By the time my son had checked in, it didn't give him much time to get something to eat (and say goodbye to me ) before going through passport control.

Julie. x
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Thanks For your comments. Not sure if I can get to airport much earlier as have to leave at 530am as it is! Must get it sorted as time is ticking!