Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you made a t*t of yourself?

Have you made a t*t of yourself?

Old May 20th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have you made a t*t of yourself?

Hi
I once found a very interesting trolley in a supermarket, all alone and full of reduced stuff. I rummaged around and gathered an armfull of bargains, looked up to find the owner of the trolley. Ooooops. Fortunately she was highly amused as I made myself very small and apologetic. God she impressed me with her bargain hunting skills!!!!! Karen
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

I've just done it again. I am just doing some accounts which are on a different computer, but keep coming over to check emails (and BE!!) I heard an email come in so I gave myself a big push from the other desk on my wheelie chair to see what was happening. Sadly the wheel got caught on a cable so I stacked it off the chair, bringing the laptop down on top of me! Would have been OK if someone hadn't been passing with some clients at the time.
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Aaah yes many a time..............

One that sticks out in my memory though..........

Was invited to Boss's country pile in Denham, Bucks to see new Spaniel puppy. Boss was paranoid about dog smelling and asked me countless times: 'does the dog smell'. Course I was polite and said 'no it doesn't'

Fast forward to work on Monday. Friend and colleague emailed me to ask about weekend. I said I had enjoyed my visit to Casa Canine, but that the Boss woman was loopy if she thought the dog didn't smell. Then I emailed the reply to my boss instead of to my colleague.

Cue tears (not mine)
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:07 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Muzzman
Or (my usual party piece) wheeling off someone elses trolley in the supermarket (usually manage this one every couple of months or so)

Hi
I once found a very interesting trolley in a supermarket, all alone and full of reduced stuff. I rummaged around and gathered an armfull of bargains, looked up to find the owner of the trolley. Ooooops. Fortunately she was highly amused as I made myself very small and apologetic. God she impressed me with her bargain hunting skills!!!!! Karen
That is the best, and quickest way to get the good stuff lol,

A bit like your story, but this is on purpose.

A few months ago, hubby was building some shelves , so off to Bunnings we go, looking through each and every plank of wood for the best bits of wood , we wanted knots etc etc in the wood, and some planks were warped a bit so no good , all the best bits had gone . He couldn't find any decent ones. In the same aisle there was a bloke who had picked his wood who had been there for ages choosing his wood , and he had it propped up against the shelves as he had no trolley - when this bloke had finished picking his wood out , he obviously could not carry them, so off he went to get a trolley - yip, hubby grabs this blokes carefully chosen wood for himself when the bloke went of in search of a trolley. lol and went straight to the till to pay for "his" goods.

The poor bloke had taken ages to choose that wood - hubby well ,what can I say lol. I just pretend I'm not with him.

P.S

I won't go too much into embarrassing stories of my own too many, can't remember half of them as it's normal for me , from me falling down stormdrains and ending up in hospitals with broken bones, to walking straight into glass doors, to totally buggering my neck up once when I fell out of bed of all things , and ended up in a collar for a month - you try telling people why you have a collar on "I fell out of bed last night" lol - runs in the family with stupid stuff like that, must have the accident prone gene ( funny thing is I never injure myself racing - motor sports , or climbing rocks etc etc - my father the same - if it's dangerous I won't injure myself, normal everyday things are dangerous lol - I daren't take up knitting - I shudder to think what a knitting needle could do ) - my father walked straight thorough a huge glass window in a huge public building once .shards of glass falling everywhere from a great height ( I haven't had the pleasure of this myself - the glass never breaks with me when I try to walk through windows) - he successfully sued, it could have taken his head off - the glass was obviously not reinforced .

Last edited by Ceri; May 23rd 2005 at 6:36 am.
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

When I was teaching, one day I got up in near darkness and managed to put my trousers on inside out. Thankfully I went to discuss something with a colleague and she pointed out the problem, so I managed to change before the kids came in... they can be very blunt, so I'm glad I didn't look a right prat infront of them, it would have been very difficult to live down.

Lol at Ceri's response, you wouldn't believe the number of people who sustain weird injuries at home, or who end up killing themselves... be careful!! (I remember reading about this guy who was scared of dying and so wouldn't go out of the house, but then his wardrobe fell on him and he snuffed it).
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

SnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant future

First time I used EFTPOS down here in Coles, the check out guy said "cash out". Me thinking what he meant was is that all and shall I tell you the total, said yes please. Whereupon we looked at each other for what seemed an age until it dawned on me that he actualy meant, "do you want any cash". So I mumbled something about 50 dollars and walked out with groceries and 50 dollars unwanted cash.

One from the wife, a few years back we were playing Trivial Pursuit with some friends. Can't remember what the question was but the answer was Bali which I gave and got my wedge. She then pipes up that can't be correct, Bali is a type of corn.....Barley... geddit? Cue much laughter and falling off chairs.
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SnapOff

One from the wife, a few years back we were playing Trivial Pursuit with some friends. Can't remember what the question was but the answer was Bali which I gave and got my wedge. She then pipes up that can't be correct, Bali is a type of corn.....Barley... geddit? Cue much laughter and falling off chairs.
LOL you just reminded me of when a mate of mine asked how many pound coins you'd get if you got 1,000,000 pounds all in pound coins!
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:30 am
Professional Princess

Im still cringing over this one as its oh-so-recent and fresh in my mind.

Got into work and noticed the tables were sticky and pink as though someone had spilt jam on them.

Moaning my head off as I scrubbed with Mr Muscle, my muscle and a scouring pad, I moaned noisily to my colleague.

'Bloody hell, I dont care whats happened, they should have cleaned the tables last night'

'I mean, look at it! Jam everywhere, for gods sake I didnt come in early to clean tables!' I added angrily.

Just at that moment, someone tapped me on the shoulder and said stiffly; 'We didnt eat anything in here last night'

'Well Im cleaning something off these tables and Im sure it didnt put itself on there' I said rather angrily at the blatant denial.

'Its not jam its candle wax. We had a memorial for our colleague that died and the vicar spilt candle wax on your table'

Well apart from muttering a cringeworthy apology, I sloped off and hid.

Always check your tables to identify the mess.

Old May 23rd 2005, 9:30 am
wombat42

..NO!.........

Old May 23rd 2005, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

AvronW is on a distinguished road

After working in South Africa for a few years and using slightly different technology jargon, I started a new job in England.

On my first day, frantically copying documents between laptops, I realised I'd run out of disks. So, I stood up in the open-plan office and asked loudly, "Does anyone have a Stiffie for me?"

After a deathly silence and some very amused looks, I realised my mistake!

In South Africa the 3.5" floppy disk is deascribed as a Stiffie, because of it's hard casing...
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:54 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AvronW
After working in South Africa for a few years and using slightly different technology jargon, I started a new job in England.

On my first day, frantically copying documents between laptops, I realised I'd run out of disks. So, I stood up in the open-plan office and asked loudly, "Does anyone have a Stiffie for me?"

After a deathly silence and some very amused looks, I realised my mistake!

In South Africa the 3.5" floppy disk is deascribed as a Stiffie, because of it's hard casing...
lol

excellent