Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has life improved for your children?

Has life improved for your children?

Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:06 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has life improved for your children?

our 20 month old spends most his time between the house/garden, kindy and parks/beach - and has never worn a pair of shoes or a coat...our 4 year old spends so much time at after school doing book club, sports etc that i'm thinking of getting the caretaker to adopt him - save on the food bill.
Attached Thumbnails Has life improved for your children?-em-jansen%5B1%5D.jpg   Has life improved for your children?-emily-evan.jpg  
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:20 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
our 20 month old spends most his time between the house/garden, kindy and parks/beach - and has never worn a pair of shoes or a coat...our 4 year old spends so much time at after school doing book club, sports etc that i'm thinking of getting the caretaker to adopt him - save on the food bill.
I just wanted to say how lovely all our kids are and after the recent post from Hels and all her problems, how lucky we are to be blessed with them.

They all look gorgeous!
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter has never lived in the Uk but she is nonetheless a happy child. She can't talk yet but she is wall to wall smiles.

I have absolutely no doubt that the childhood we can supply her will be rich. There is no doubt she will have opportunites that we didn't.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Sorry to hear that you are suffering too.
I think we all expect it to be hardest for the wife or the children, often it is the husband that first brings up the subject of migrating and because of this we and they expect to settle pretty easily.
It has come as a bit of a shock to us all that it is my husband that is struggling to settle. I hope he and you start to feel better soon!

I
Thank you Shazza. It is a bit ironic isn't it? I was the driving force behind us coming here and yet I'm the one that feels unsettled even after two years while the wife and kids go from strength to strength. I'm going back next week for what hopefully will be the two-week homesickness cure.

Best wishes to you and your husband, and glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 7:10 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesandco
I just wanted to say how lovely all our kids are and after the recent post from Hels and all her problems, how lucky we are to be blessed with them.

They all look gorgeous!
Sorry - meant Hevs. You know what I mean though.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 11:27 am
Just Joined

michelle and fam has a brilliant futuremichelle and fam has a brilliant futuremichelle and fam has a brilliant futuremichelle and fam has a brilliant futuremichelle and fam has a brilliant futuremichelle and fam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Welshie
Just going into my fourth month here and my son who is four hasn't looked back! He is such an outgoing little thing now and I couldn't get him to do anything in the UK. We are at the beach everyday. He has joined various swimming clubs etc and has a heap of friends that come over. He hasn't even talked about the Uk at all. I know he never wants to leave and I would never take all this away from him. It's too good and we love it too.
makes me happy to read your post we have a girl of almost 7 and a boy of 4 i was quite worried about taking our son our daughter is fine about it but he is to young to understand ,great to hear how your little boy has settled thanks for that.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jothefw
We're heading to Keith/Bordertown, SA - well 25 kms north east of.

Outback proper ... reccie in 4 weeks can't wait!!!!!
hi jo
where abouts in cambridgeshire r u we are from swavesey just outside cambridge.we have our visas and are heading to perth after may. :scared:
Old Mar 31st 2006, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sasbear
Excellent post - I agree with you and it made me think too. Tom is amost 19 and we came out 18 months ago - he left his dad and sister back in the UK - sometimes it takes a thread like this and comments made by other parents in similar situations to realise - I am not the only one missing people. Sending you some Karma.
Cheers m8. I agree, most people worry about the younger kids but it's probably the older ones who find it the hardest as they've already formed their friendships in the UK.

Anyways, sent you some karma as well
Old Mar 31st 2006, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

My oldest has said he never wants to go back, even on holiday, he is 12.

The kids lifes have improved tremondously, so has ours.

the only downfalls are social, family and work,

but I didnt expect any differnet, just didn't realise it was as hard as it is.. as soft as it sounds.

I get my councilling everyweek at the weekend week, by certain factors, fishing, drinking beer, wacking a ball around a golf course,
and working out how to move on and upwards,
Old Mar 31st 2006, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goldcoastblue
My oldest has said he never wants to go back, even on holiday, he is 12.

The kids lifes have improved tremondously, so has ours.

the only downfalls are social, family and work,

but I didnt expect any differnet, just didn't realise it was as hard as it is.. as soft as it sounds.

I get my councilling everyweek at the weekend week, by certain factors, fishing, drinking beer, wacking a ball around a golf course,
and working out how to move on and upwards,
Spot on.

All about being realistic, getting to grips with the differences, making the most of it ......and rewarding yourself for all your hard work

Great post.

Couldn't have put it better mesen
Old Apr 7th 2006, 2:06 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Has life improved for your children?

Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread (and those that sent me Karma!)

I have just re-read the entire thread - it is really motivational for us and I would recommend anyone coming to Oz with kids to have a read.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Apr 7th 2006, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

I have just re-read the entire thread - it is really motivational for us and I would recommend anyone coming to Oz with kids to have a read.

Cheers

Buzzy
agree with that buzzy, great thread. dom
Old Apr 7th 2006, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Has life improved for your children?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Cheers

Buzzy
it helps put things into perspective reading this thread
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

I just thought this thread should be visited by one or 2 more

Tis what i'm hoping for for my kids - i'll let you know in a couple of months

Good Karma!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

What a great thread It's nice to see so many of your kids happy. When we moved to oz our son did find it difficult at first and did suffer a bit of bullying for being a pom! However, when he moved up to middle school he everything seemed to settle down and the older kids thought he was really cool for being english (can't win eh)

Sadly, we had already decided to move back to the uk by this time and everything was arranged. If we go back then I'm sure everything will be fine. I know he loved the water and the warm weather and was much healthier out there.

Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.