Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has life improved for your children?

Has life improved for your children?

Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

richard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has life improved for your children?

Originally Posted by nick72
Great picture mate....

Is this Perth too ?

Nick
No it's in Anglesea Victoria on the Great Ocean Road. We must be the only people who didn't move to Perth ! lol
Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:48 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Has life improved for your children?

Originally Posted by richard-elly
No it's in Anglesea Victoria on the Great Ocean Road. We must be the only people who didn't move to Perth ! lol
Do you live in Victoria Richard-Elly? We are considering Mornington Peninsula.

Thanks for all the replied so far everyone.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:48 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Lynn - you just described my son's school to a 'T' here in the UK. Being born on Aug 29th he's the youngest in the school and two weeks after he started we were called in because the other children knew 10 words and Josh could only manage 6!!! It's the 7th highest ranked primary in the country, but the kind of children it produces aren't anything I'd be proud of. I can't wait to remove him from there and let him go to a school where they understand a bit better what childhood is all about.

Matts birthday is september 8th so he was the eldest in his class, in reception class (in a different but not much larger school) he was one of only 10 kids, as he was the only one who's birthday was before christmas he had to stay all day and go in with the year 1s in the afternoon while all the rest went home at lunch time, try explaining that to a just turned 5 year old :scared:

Lynn
Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:52 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Matts birthday is september 8th so he was the eldest in his class, in reception class (in a different but not much larger school) he was one of only 10 kids, as he was the only one who's birthday was before christmas he had to stay all day and go in with the year 1s in the afternoon while all the rest went home at lunch time, try explaining that to a just turned 5 year old :scared:

Lynn
When would children whose birthday is May 16th start school for the first time in Oz?

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:54 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
When would children whose birthday is May 16th start school for the first time in Oz?

Cheers

Buzzy
16th may which year?

Lynn
Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
We have been here 5 months and we have noticed a big difference in both our children.
Our son is 11 and although sporty he has never stood out or excelled at a particular sport and that seemed to hold him back in the uk, if he didnt make the team then he was just overlooked, I have found that here it hasn't made a jot of difference and that although not the best he still gets his turn in the sport of the season ie Soccer, rugby, softball. He plays so much sport and swims twice a week at school. He drops into bed and is asleep after 10 mins which wasn't the case in England.
Our daughter has really come into her own, she is a bright girl but very shy which was made worse in England through being bullying. Her start here wasn't brilliant and she cried often for the first 2 months, we took her out of her school and placed her in another school half the size and we have never looked back thank god. She has made friends with a great bunch of girls and has taken up dancing, something which she didnt have the confidence to do in England and even auditioned for a part in school production last week and won a part!! I cant really put my finger on why they are so happy here but they are and neither of them wants to go back to England much to the despair of my homesick husband
aah,thats lovely.am glad your kids are happy,pity about poor hubby.!!
Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:58 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

A lot of people say they want to move to Oz because they want a better life for their children, various reasons given seem to include more of an outdoor lifestyle, less yob culture, more opportunities for sport etc

I would be very interested to know if having made the move to Oz, whether people felt they actually had achieved a better life for their kids than they had in the UK?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Buzzy
Just going into my fourth month here and my son who is four hasn't looked back! He is such an outgoing little thing now and I couldn't get him to do anything in the UK. We are at the beach everyday. He has joined various swimming clubs etc and has a heap of friends that come over. He hasn't even talked about the Uk at all. I know he never wants to leave and I would never take all this away from him. It's too good and we love it too.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:59 am
Victorian Evangelist

16th may which year?

Lynn
2005 LOL Thinking ahead!!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

richard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud of

Do you live in Victoria Richard-Elly? We are considering Mornington Peninsula.

Thanks for all the replied so far everyone.

Cheers

Buzzy
Hello, yes we live in Anglesea Victoria. It is fantastic here. Out of the way, but close enough for Richards work (electrician). Just bought a house. I know that lots of English go to the Mornington Penninsula. Never been myself, but must be good seeing as so many of us end up there!
Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:10 am
Breeding little aussies

2005 LOL Thinking ahead!!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
In WA he'd start Kindie in 2009 as one of the youngest, its not compulsory as is Pre Primary, school proper will be 2011.

Sorry can't speak for the other states.

Are you always this organised?

As your littlie is so young i thought i'd bring the littlies into this thread, my youngest (just turned 2) never wears shoes(except in winter), has no fear of water, is a master at sandcastle destruction, can apply his own sunblock, is a monster with a ball and hates having sleeves covering his arms. In contrast my boys (the bigger ones) at that age had no idea what sand was, often wore so many clothes they were stuck in one position and my eldest can still vividly recall the story of getting a snowball down his neck while sledging when he was 2. My god moving here was a hard choice

Lynn
Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:11 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

We've been here just about a year, and my daughter (2 1/2) probably hasn't noticed (although she's a water baby, something she would have been doing once a week at best in the UK)My son (5), well, it's fab. He has really blossomed, at times a bit too much actually. He finished kindy and is well into the first term at pre-primary. He's confident, goes looking for children (strangers) to play with a playgrounds, looooooves AFL (much to his Welsh dad's chagrin - a Union man through and through), he is an excellent swimmer (cue much fluffing of proud mum's chest) and although he occasionally talks about missing cousins etc in UK, he's really happy here.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:17 am
Victorian Evangelist

In WA he'd start Kindie in 2009 as one of the youngest, its not compulsory as is Pre Primary, school proper will be 2011.

Sorry can't speak for the other states.

Are you always this organised?
Yes I'm always this organised - I'm a project manager

Actually ours are female - there's a pair of them!! So twice as much organising.

Cheers

Buzzy
Attached Thumbnails Has life improved for your children?-31rs.jpg  
Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:23 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it has improved for ours, if anything Henry is worse off as he would have started school in England.

They're also going without a lot of stuff but then they go to the beach once a fortnight which is more than they would have done in England.

Here's two photos one at Anglesea and one at Werribee South
Attached Thumbnails Has life improved for your children?-picture-002.jpg   Has life improved for your children?-werribee.jpg  
Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Ah Buzzy what a pair of cuties!!! My dd2 is a little older, born in March 2005 and I was trying to work out when she would start school too, not that I'm trying to off load her but she is my third child and I am knackered!

My cousin has sent me a pdf on starting school and when etc, only I don't know how to post it in here so if anyone wants a copy then they can pm me.

edit, have started a new thread with the pdf on it

Last edited by milliesmum; Mar 30th 2006 at 8:42 am.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 8:26 am
Breeding little aussies

Yes I'm always this organised - I'm a project manager

Actually ours are female - there's a pair of them!! So twice as much organising.

Cheers

Buzzy
Awww how sweet but you'll want to swap those hats for 2 of these.... and those jackets for a couple of these.....
Attached Thumbnails Has life improved for your children?-pc210062.jpg   Has life improved for your children?-pc070044.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.