Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has life improved for your children?

Has life improved for your children?

Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has life improved for your children?

For my boys I have to say YES and YES, My first boy (12) when we first got here his reading and writing was terrible...he's come leaps and bounds since then, the teachers have spent some time with him…. he has more confidence in himself, he plays football (soccer),got himself a football scholarship in the local college and got the coaches player of the year award, his swimming has also improved..

My 2nd boy (9) is doing just as well…so for us this is fantastic; we live in Forrestfield so the schools kids are mainly Australian, I think this has help because some of their English attitude and way’s they had in the UK have gone..

Don’t get me wrong they still argue and fight with each other and my 12 year old will not wear a West Ham shirt at all…Only Arsenal so not all good

Steve
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

Hi all we are looking at Townsville or Mackay as area's we would like to move our family to, however, we need schools. I have two sons 16, 8 and a daughter 18 months. My older son is very very sporty and play's a high standard of water polo and football. This is were we need help. I do not think we can afford private school so state school it would have to be. But do any of them specialize in these sports or even play these sports?
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:24 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
Hi all we are looking at Townsville or Mackay as area's we would like to move our family to, however, we need schools. I have two sons 16, 8 and a daughter 18 months. My older son is very very sporty and play's a high standard of water polo and football. This is were we need help. I do not think we can afford private school so state school it would have to be. But do any of them specialize in these sports or even play these sports?
Hi,

I spent a day in two schools in Townsville on 'work experience'. It was only 1 day, so I'd feel uncomfortable recommending either on 1 days merit. And I can not compare them to the others in Townsville.

However, from my 1 day there: Kirwan High seemed very sports focused.
http://www.kirwanshs.qld.edu.au/

I don't know about water polo, but football - or of course soccer as it will be know in schools in Aus (unless you do mean Rugby) seems to be played in alot of schools, and Kirwan lists an Excellence in Soccer program on it's website: http://kirwanhigh.com/pdf/excellence/soccer.pdf

Perhaps a good google search will list all the schools in Townsville, and you can look up their websites for more details?

A quick search found this: http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of...and?cat=health

Hope this is of some help.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Hi,

I spent a day in two schools in Townsville on 'work experience'. It was only 1 day, so I'd feel uncomfortable recommending either on 1 days merit. And I can not compare them to the others in Townsville.

However, from my 1 day there: Kirwan High seemed very sports focused.
http://www.kirwanshs.qld.edu.au/

I don't know about water polo, but football - or of course soccer as it will be know in schools in Aus (unless you do mean Rugby) seems to be played in alot of schools, and Kirwan lists an Excellence in Soccer program on it's website: http://kirwanhigh.com/pdf/excellence/soccer.pdf

Perhaps a good google search will list all the schools in Townsville, and you can look up their websites for more details?

A quick search found this: http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of...and?cat=health

Hope this is of some help.
Thats great thanks and yes it is soccer