Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone suffered with new allergies since moving to Australia / WA?

Has anyone suffered with new allergies since moving to Australia / WA?

Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Has anyone suffered with new allergies since moving to Australia / WA?

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
It nice to know I'm not alone. Typically the weather has dried up the last 2 days and I have symptoms. Mine aren't the classic "hay fever" ones like itchy eyes etc. I lose my voice, head feels a bit fogging, nose starts to feel congested and sometimes the chest feels a bit tight.

I hear what you say about Beconase. The ENT was worried that if I didn't use something like that then I would be breathing through my mouth and I might end up with asthma as I already have a tight chest and a genetic disposition. Something to do with the nose is the natural filter and I am a mouth breather because of the rhinitis. This with poor eustachian tubes I would be prone to ear problems to which I have a history of.

One easy solution is to try moving back to the UK!!!

Just for information I called around several chemists this morning just to see how much beconase 24hr spray is. Well the nearest place was $21.99. The cheapest (10 min drive) is $14.00. I can't imagine the difference between superdrug and boots for the same item would be as much as £4!

Poppet
For interest the difference between superdrug and boots for Beconase 100 sprays is 70p. I can see if I move back I am going to shop differently and pay way more attention to prices.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 12:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone suffered with new allergies since moving to Australia / WA?

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
this morning just to see how much beconase 24hr spray is. Well the nearest place was $21.99. The cheapest (10 min drive) is $14.00. I can't imagine the difference between superdrug and boots for the same item would be as much as £4!

Poppet
$10.99 in Whites in Toowong.

$18.99 in any chemist in Noosa

That is for the twice a day spray but it does show the variations.....shop around.

G
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
$10.99 in Whites in Toowong.

$18.99 in any chemist in Noosa

That is for the twice a day spray but it does show the variations.....shop around.

G
It is funny. That is a big difference.

I guess the competition over in UK keeps the prices similar but the margins are greater here because the stores are also independent rather than branded.