Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone heard any news?

Has anyone heard any news?

Old Jan 22nd 2002, 3:46 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi All,

Anyone heard if there is any movment on non IT applications lodged before November 1st 2001.

George, Alan have you heard anything or has all gone quiet on the Western Front so to speak.

Susan
Old Jan 22nd 2002, 5:20 pm
George Lombard

Hi Susan,

All we know is that non-IT cases are being processed normally through Adelaide which
is working its way through pre-1 November cases from China and other places. Possibly
it's time for the London backlog to be transferred to Adelaide too.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au heading downunder 2002
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 22nd 2002, 9:53 pm
Jb

Hi George ,

Thanks for the update ..Well I guess DIMA is taking care of their favorite Beijing
post ...What about the second favorite New Delhi /Mumbai ...have they transferred any
cases from there or are they still being looked after by OffShore posts.

Cheers, JB

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 5:16 am
Just Joined

mxqt is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I know Belgrade will not transfer non-IT application lodged before 1 Nov to Australia. A secretary told me (a week ago) that my application is now beeing considered by a superior immigration officer and I have to be patient. However, my medicals expired on 17 Jan and I asked what to do about it (by e-mail) and I got no response.
Old Jan 23rd 2002, 7:51 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi All,

Many thanks for your input. I think that the biggest problem is that no one really knows what is going on. We would gladly have our application transferred to Adelaide if we thought it was going to speed things up and that we wouldn't go to the back of the que there.

Come on DIMA talk to us, we are very patient understanding people, especially if we know what is going on!!

Susan
Old Jan 23rd 2002, 7:49 pm
ndaltonb

Hi hd2002,

I think the new manager in London will be getting a rough ride in the Q&A session at Emigrate 2002 if we don't get some news before then. That gives her 2 months approx. As you say, it's the lack of information that is the killer. Even a monthly bulletin would go very far to help in easing the long wait.

By the way, George Alan et al, will we see you at Emigrate 2002.

nigel db

Originally posted by heading downunder 2002
Hi All,

Come on DIMA talk to us, we are very patient understanding people, especially if we know what is going on!!

Susan

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 9:17 pm
Jb

Well yesterday I spoke with DIMA in Adelaide and the girl told me all the offshore
processing is being moved to Adelaide and all applications lodged overseas will be
moved to Adleaide by next month.People will be assessed in Adelaide and they will
collect visas at their respective posts .

I wonder how the hell are they going to prioritise applications .Post wise ,Country
wise ,Date wise how ....

Lets hope this speeds up the things !!!

JB

Old Jan 24th 2002, 9:22 am
Just Joined

I sent a 'rough' e-mail to my case officer in order to ask WTF is going on with my application. If I won't get a reply by the end of the week I will go there personally and yell a bit. From my experience this is the only way one could get some information.
Damn it! I should have accepted that PhD scollarship to U.S. last year.
Old Jan 24th 2002, 1:50 pm
A.N. Other

>
    >

HoHO !! I'd safely say that PhD 'scollarship' invite wasn't for spelling, eh ?

Old Jan 24th 2002, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

I apologize for that spelling error, but I think you should know that I am disabled I can type with one hand only...
Old Jan 24th 2002, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mxqt

Hey mate . Its the brain that counts not the body. I'd have a man that had a brain any time over one that had the ability to patronise!!!!!!