Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever failed a medical because they were so stressed about it???

Has anyone ever failed a medical because they were so stressed about it???

Old Nov 24th 2006, 7:28 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone ever failed a medical because they were so stressed about it???

Since it's now official that the average Australian weighs roughly as much as an aircraft carrier (without the aircraft), I can't see them turning folk away just because of minor BP issues.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

zenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant future
Default Re: Has anyone ever failed a medical because they were so stressed about it???

Thanks for all your advice guys

I have booked myself in for an hours massage on monday and will have another one next week! Hubby's jealous now as he thinks as he's the full time worker - well the one getting paid anyway! - he should be the one getting the massages!

Luckily the medicals in the morning so won't have had too much time to get right up and I will have a valium the night before, and a massage the day before too, so i relax and hopefully sleep!

Only ten days to go!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zenamethyst
Thanks for all your advice guys

I have booked myself in for an hours massage on monday and will have another one next week! Hubby's jealous now as he thinks as he's the full time worker - well the one getting paid anyway! - he should be the one getting the massages!

Luckily the medicals in the morning so won't have had too much time to get right up and I will have a valium the night before, and a massage the day before too, so i relax and hopefully sleep!

Only ten days to go!
was sitting on the bus today on the way into work reading the Metro, was an article on de-stressing........apparently one of the best ways to lower blood pressure is frequent SEX, studies have shown that couples who have regular sex have lower blood pressure and it is supposed to be very soothing on the heart?!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

dani is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know about the sex, been on my own too long! My BP at the medicals was really high, it was because of a medical problem which is now fixed. I just couldn't reduce the figure, was taking hundreds of milligrams of beta-blockers to no avail. I found if I exercised just before the reading it actually lowered the BP, sort of went really high then back down again. Eventually got the bottom figure below 90 and passed the medical, but it took weeks!

Dani