Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anybody noticed?

Has anybody noticed?

Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:33 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anybody noticed?

no one is bagging immigrants, we were saying about the illigal migrants here.
if people feel so strongly about helping illigals maybe they shouldn't go to a country who kept illigals out at sea on a boat so that they did not touch shore.

i am sorry that this thread has evolved into something other than what was written. the changes to come maybe something like, regional languages as we know them changing slightly, we all know the lnoger you live somewhere you take on the accent. maybe my regional accent (cockney) will sound completely different in 20 years

louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:45 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by louise4
here is just a thought.
Has anybody noticed how many brits are actually moving to other countries now. my friend is selling her house to go to spain and another friend is thinking of going too.
my friend with her house on the market had a viewer round the other day and they said that the last three houses they had viewed were from people going to live abroad.
why is this?
is it because people have just had enough trying to make it in a country which seems hellbent on destroying itself or because the world is a much smaller place now.
I think it is because people can move around more these days, that they actually do.
People are more adventurious, and decide to try something different.
I recall when my family moved from Manchester to Kent in the early 60's, it was a big deal then and it caused family rifts with in laws left behind so far away. Not much different to some stories i've heard on here. (but different distances now), I think we visited Manchester every couple of years or so, at least to begin with.

The world is getting smaller !!

Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:00 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I love Britain and consider myself English first before British or European, but I have no idea where my ancestors came from.

The Daily Mail et al have a hell of a lot to answer for.

So your ancestors were pressganged by the Daily Mail
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:37 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Lots of people leaving, lots of people moving in. How many brits go back though?. I think you will find quite a lot go back. Not everyone moving in is illegal, lots of skilled inward migration. pleanty of Eastern Europeans are coming over, most go back though. Plenty of South Africans moving over, most are highly skilled & motivated. As long as UK gets a lid on illegal immigration, then I don't see a problem.
Well said. I don't condone Illlegals in any country.

We had a week touring around the UK this week - Lakes, Yorkshire Dales, etc and most of those working as waiters, rooms cleaners, etc were Eastern European, all legal and all very nice people just wanting to earn a living.

When we spoke with the Guest House/B&B owners, it transpires that they are unable to find "British" workers, it they did they were lazy and workshy. Those from Eastern Europe working here seemed to get the same going rate and treat very well.

We can slate the UK as much as we like, but it is our own lazy tribe that is letting us down.

This I also noted back in Australia so same old everywhere I am afraid.

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:58 pm
Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dave and linda
Hi I understand exactly what your saying Louise. Its not the legal immigrants your saying about its the illegal ones. We feel the same. We work all our life and cant get help from the Government when we need it but the illegal immigrants can just walk right in here and get all sorts paid for including money to buy cars and nice big houses. And although we are about to become immigrants ourselves we have paid alot of money to get there and plan to work when there. We are not entitled to any benefits for 2 years which I think is a great idea as it must stop alot of lazzy people doing it for the beach life style unlike this country, we seem to pay them to come here.
i totally agree with you im glad someone has opened there eyes not like a lot of the loony do gooders on here ive no problem with people who want to work pay taxes and contribute to the economy its the scheming sponging lowlife i cant do with and weve thousands of them coming every day
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:05 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by baileyalison
i totally agree with you im glad someone has opened there eyes not like a lot of the loony do gooders on here ive no problem with people who want to work pay taxes and contribute to the economy its the scheming sponging lowlife i cant do with and weve thousands of them coming every day
Hell bells you are like a bad smell aren't you, at least you have moved over from the Return to the UK Forum!!!!

Listen, I don't think anyone denies anyone an opinion but it aint what you say it is the way you say it.

Where is it you are moving to overseas?

Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Hell bells you are like a bad smell aren't you, at least you have moved over from the Return to the UK Forum!!!!

Listen, I don't think anyone denies anyone an opinion but it aint what you say it is the way you say it.

Where is it you are moving to overseas?
I love your tough streak Merlot, you aim at exactly the right targets, and yet it's always unexpected lol You actually got rid of a negative poster recently.

One thing I will disagree with you on, maybe those east european workers, and the workshy aussie ones, won't work for the slight pittance above the dole, that these edge of society jobs are paying. Thats more of a question than a criticism though.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:24 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I love your tough streak Merlot, you aim at exactly the right targets, and yet it's always unexpected lol You actually got rid of a negative poster recently.

One thing I will disagree with you on, maybe those east european workers, and the workshy aussie ones, won't work for the slight pittance above the dole, that these edge of society jobs are paying. Thats more of a question than a criticism though.
Hi there ozzieeagle, thanks for your post.

Just call me the Forum Dynarod!!!! As I said before I am all for constructive debate, some that come onto Forums have no idea of this concept or how to put there point across, shame really! We all have things to share.

I have to agree with you on what you said, me and the other half debated this one on our travels. I know for a fact, even though I have never have had state benefits, if I was getting more per week getting benefits that working, I would go with benefits, even though I would prefer to graft anyday. Life is tough, we find that even with two wages!

Does the Governments of UK & Oz make more financially viable to stay on benefits?

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:31 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave and linda
the illegal immigrants can just walk right in here and get all sorts paid for including money to buy cars and nice big houses.
Do you seriously believe that?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:34 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by elfman
Do you seriously believe that?
I have to say that in my 12 months back I have had no first hand experiences of this in the UK, apart from the Daily Mail stories.

If it is true, I am going back to Oz, ditching my British passport and coming back in!

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:39 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
I have to say that in my 12 months back I have had no first hand experiences of this in the UK, apart from the Daily Mail stories.

If it is true, I am going back to Oz, ditching my British passport and coming back in!

M

hi merlot, glad you had a nice hols. i think that maybe i won't think anymore, especially out loud!!!!!!!!!

louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:49 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by louise4
hi merlot, glad you had a nice hols. i think that maybe i won't think anymore, especially out loud!!!!!!!!!

louise
Hi Louise

You have every right to say what you feel on the Forum, that is part of it. The flip side is that others also have their views too, so these need to be aired and debated, to be fair no one is 100% right or wrong. The world would be dull if we all agreed with each other.

I am a strong believer that no matter what your views, if they are put across in a mature and constructive way, no-one can ever knock them down. They need to come from the heart to have conviction.

Don't let it put you off posting at all if you feel strongly about something.

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:00 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

People are thinking about leaving due to the vast amount of holiday programmes on U.K. TV, you have a place in spain, living down under, etc.

Plus the U.K. has gone down hill since the labour government came into power, how can we call the United Kingdom.......the Scottish Parliament, Wales assembley, etc.

The weather doesnt help
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:02 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

once again... potential immegrants moaning about immegrants moving to the UK..

god get a life... try reading a different paper this week...
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:03 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by rapitts
People are thinking about leaving due to the vast amount of holiday programmes on U.K. TV, you have a place in spain, living down under, etc.
The Government should stamp warnings on these shows, it puts ideas into normally sane minds to up sticks and live the dream!

The reality is a lot different more often than not.

M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.