Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Harrington Park, Sydney

Harrington Park, Sydney

Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

marseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nice
Default Harrington Park, Sydney

HI there, My husband and I are flying out to Sydney on Jan 15th to look at a job in the Camden area (University of Syd). We will be spending a week there looking around and making a decision whether to emigrate or not!!! eeek. We would love to meet up with any expats in the Camden area while we are out, to find out about life there. Anyone fancy a coffee with 2 jetlagged Scots?

We have 2 wee boys (4 and 2)... tho they are not coming with us on this trip... so are obviously interested in family life, schools etc in the area.

We have been doing a fair amount of research online and really like the look of Harrington Park...any thoughts?

Thank you guys. As you all know from experience....this is huge for us and any advice would be fab.

Mary and Aaron
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

poppyjasper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Harrington Park, Sydney

Hi there,
We live near Camden (Kirkham) and have been here for 2 years.
Harrington Park is a nice modern estate with nursery/primary schools and a small shopping centre. I have a few English friends who live there and they're very happy with it.

I dont work atm so would be able to meet up with you anytime you're free, and my friend on Harrington Park is also off work for the school hols

Where will you be staying whilst here?
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:32 am
Just Joined

marseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nice

Hi there Poppy

Would be fantastic to meet up. We are free Tues or Wed afternoon (19th/20th).... from mid afternoon, maybe 2pm? Would either work for you? Meeting your friend would be great too! We are totally open minded about where to settle...just having looked online noticed Harrington Park, but we will be looking around the whole area and are open to suggestions.

We will be staying at the Camden Valley Inn. Sorry I tried to PM you but dont have enough posts yet! Can you PM me? Maybe with an email or phone no. so we can be in touch once we are there?

Thank you so much... We are so so excited about coming out and apologise in advance that we will have loads of questions!

Where are you from originally? Do you have any kiddies?

Thanks again. Very much appreciate your time and help.

Kr

Mary
Old Jan 9th 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

poppyjasper is an unknown quantity at this point

I''ve PM'd you... hope you get it.
See you next week
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Thank you poppy... Can't open the message til I have posted three times... So this post should let me into it! Will let u know once I've read it. Thanks again. Mary
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:14 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

We live on Harrington Park, and have been here 3 years now. If you do a forum search you will see a couple of answers I have put up to other posters.
Basically, it is a nice a place to live. Houses are a lot cheaper / value for money than some suburbs nearer to Sydney itself. You will have the bonus of not having to use the M5 as you will be working locally, which is a major plus. That is probably the only problem with the area. The estate is pretty new, well landscaped and good local facilities. There is a lot of development going on the local area which will also add to what is available in the area.
I'm not available next week as I work long shifts, but if you have anymore questions drop me a PM, or ask here.