Grocerys ....

Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Grocerys ....

Hi Zambia

If your wife can ferret out a deal then you'll do fine. Although, like the UK, Aus prices have gone up dramatically. We have similar food bills to what we had in the UK but we do have to buy seasonally to achieve this. I have a rough maximum price/kg I'm willing to pay for something and if the price goes over I buy something else. If your wife is willing to go shop to shop (and buy meat packs) then you'll probably end up with a cheaper food bill. Compared to the UK (the bits I lived in) Aus has loads more independent grocers, butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. Okay I made the last one up but you do get lots of speciality shops as well. I'm still amazed by the shop which can meet all my bear-stuffing needs.

Not sure about other states but down here the bottleshop is normally joined to the store or is next door. I've seen a couple of supermarkets were the alcohol is in the store but this is rare. (As a side note, a friend who moved from NSW was commenting on the fact that cafes in Vic can sell alcohol. )

Again this may be a state difference but you don't get much bag checking down here. In 4 years I've been asked twice and both times I had a rucksack and looked like a scouser. It doesn't bother me; although I can see it might bother peeps who like to carry sex toys around with them

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jul 18th 2008 at 10:55 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:03 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grocerys ....

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I can see it might bother peeps who like to carry sex toys around with them
Bugger