Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The great unanswered question

The great unanswered question

Old May 22nd 2005, 10:02 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great unanswered question

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
So they don't piss on it in the middle of the night?

Your choice, what do you prefer, a urine soaked seat in the down position, or a clean seat in the up position

JTL
PMSL (left the loo seat down!! )
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by squeezzii
And another equally annoying question. There are 3 words in the english language that end in 'gry' one is angry , one is hungry - what is the third! AAARRGGH !!
How about these:

aggry: Coloured and variegated glass beads of ancient manufacture, found buried in the ground in Africa. A word of unknown origin. Seemingly always used attributively, as in aggry beads.

braggry: A variant form of braggery. Obsolete.

conyngry: An obsolete dialectal variant of conyger, itself an obsolete term meaning “rabbit warren”.

gry: The smallest unit in Locke’s proposed decimal system of linear measurement, being the tenth of a line, the hundredth of an inch, and the thousandth of a (“philosophical”) foot. Also the grunt of a pig, an insignificant trifle, or a verb meaning to roar. Obsolete.

iggry: Egyptian colloquial Arabic pronunciation of ijri: “Hurry up!”, brought back after the First World War by members of British and Australian forces who had fought in Egypt.

meagry: Having a meagre appearance. Obsolete.

nangry: A variant form of angry. Obsolete.

podagry: Dodder, or the condition of a plant infested with it.

puggry: A variant form of puggree, a light turban or head-covering worn by inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent.

There is no common third word, it was a riddle. (do a google,' ending in gry')
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by manxfamily
What rhymes with orange?
There are no words that rhyme with 'orange'," Says this sign beside my door-hinge.

I know of a scholar from Holland,
Who's vocab must need to be broadened,
There's no rhyme for orange?
But what about "lozenge"?
His list of word primes should be shortened!

Make your own mind up!
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:59 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Oh yeah, and another thing, if they use the seeds to grow fruit, grapes, watermelons, oranges etc how do you grow from the seedless variety? Ok ok I know I'm sad.....

lmao well i must be sad too cos I was wonderin that
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:16 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gjn200
There are no words that rhyme with 'orange'," Says this sign beside my door-hinge.

I know of a scholar from Holland,
Who's vocab must need to be broadened,
There's no rhyme for orange?
But what about "lozenge"?
His list of word primes should be shortened!

Make your own mind up!

yes you are right no word ryhmes with orange, nor purple, month or silver.
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:04 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: The great unanswered question

Had to go back a fair while to find this thread... need to bump it up because the kids keep asking me...: when you see the moon here in the afternoon, does that mean Australia can't see the moon for that night.. If they can't see the moon, what is going on and why? And if they CAN, what is going on and why????? I don't know....

And also, for my benefit - why, when I spend most of the night tossing and turning, not able to sleep, do I fall into the most incredibly wonderful, deep sleep 15 minutes before the alarm goes off?

And finally, how/where can I get an atavar?
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

what is the point of belly button fluff yuk!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:38 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by jimtrish
what is the point of belly button fluff yuk!!
To keep it warm?

M

Old May 23rd 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
To keep it warm?

M

and toe fluff?
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:57 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by jimtrish
and toe fluff?

Old May 24th 2005, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

How about this:

Toast always lands butter side down, cats always land on their feet. What happens if you tie a piece of buttered toast onto the back of a cat? Will it hover in the air a foot above the ground in an endless spinning cosmic quandry?
Old May 24th 2005, 9:05 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

1.Why is shower scum always pink? No matter what colour the soap is?

2. Why do they nail coffins down (likely hood of escape!)

3. Who made the word "lisp" have an "S" in it!

Just a thought!
ViVi
Old May 24th 2005, 9:34 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

why is dyslexia such a hard word to spell?
Old May 24th 2005, 9:36 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by ub40fan
why is dyslexia such a hard word to spell?
si ti?
Old May 24th 2005, 9:58 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivi
si ti?

That is so bad

Louise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.