Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is the grass really greener?

is the grass really greener?

Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:25 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is the grass really greener?

The grass has turned out to be very much greener for us.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by walla
Same shit shinier bucket and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Correct
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My bucket is really shiny (it's a lot bigger too)
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teabag
she asked why I want to leave, I answered. Nothing to do with you - let's send another thread down the toilet because someone's not allowed a different opinion

Maybe I shouldn't go to the UK if this is the type of mentality the english have, I thought it was just Australian's that didn't allow you to be a bit 'different'.
Thankyou someone with sense. This is Hutch though and if you hang around here long enough you will soon learn that his opinion is the right one and anyone that feels differently is sooooooooo wrong.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:33 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
My bucket is really shiny (it's a lot bigger too)
My bucket's so big, it's got a swimming pool in it....
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
My bucket's so big, it's got a swimming pool in it....

I've got a beach in mine
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

I've got a beach in mine
I've got both and I'd trade them in a second for something decent to do
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
Thankyou someone with sense. This is Hutch though and if you hang around here long enough you will soon learn that his opinion is the right one and anyone that feels differently is sooooooooo wrong.
What a complete load of twaddle. Teabag commented, Hutch replied, teabag explained and queried, Hutch explained back. No one said anything wrong - it's called having an opinion, something the OP asked for. Teabag was right (for their experience) Hutch was right (for his) Some people just don't appear to like having their thoughts questioned. Everyone is supposed to accept a comment without query - doesn't make for much of a discussion, does it.

I'm impressed that Teabag knows millions of people enough to know whether their heads are up their arses or not. I only know about 100 people in Aus and from memory only one of those is a complete plank. Maybe it's quality not quantity
Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20

I'm impressed that Teabag knows millions of people enough to know whether their heads are up their arses or not. I only know about 100 people in Aus and from memory only one of those is a complete plank. Maybe it's quality not quantity
The 3 nicest people I know are two Poms and a Maori and my Pommie Hubby of course!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:03 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a beach in mine
I'm on the beach, but I've lost my bucket...
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:05 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

But for some the heat makes the shit smell worse

Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by themerlin
But for some the heat makes the shit smell worse
That's a goldie
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:18 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the grass greener??? no its yellow and burnt haha!!!

The grass is greener for some but not for others come and give it a go only you can decide we are all different!!

My life was better in the uk but we are giving it a good go and we will see if things improve.

Good luck!!!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
What a complete load of twaddle. Teabag commented, Hutch replied, teabag explained and queried, Hutch explained back. No one said anything wrong - it's called having an opinion, something the OP asked for. Teabag was right (for their experience) Hutch was right (for his) Some people just don't appear to like having their thoughts questioned. Everyone is supposed to accept a comment without query - doesn't make for much of a discussion, does it.

I hope people enjoy what they want to do without other people putting their value judgements on it.
Teabag is brave to give it ago if that's what they want and they don't like much where they live.Perhaps when and if they return they may enjoy Australia more.

Are you Hutches rellie or something you seem to wade in there when the poor lad gets a word or two against him.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
I hope people enjoy what they want to do without other people putting their value judgements on it.
Teabag is brave to give it ago if that's what they want and they don't like much where they live.Perhaps when and if they return they may enjoy Australia more.

Are you Hutches rellie or something you seem to wade in there when the poor lad gets a word or two against him.
I don't care that Hutch is not liked by some. Its no accident that some of us that like him are probably sort of pro-Australia. Hutch is quite satirical about the Uk but only in response to rabid australia attacks. He could sit down but chooses to respond.

I've always maintained there are far more literally personal, attacks on the pro-Australia lobby/faction(!) than the other which is why I tend to take
sides if at all. Most people who attack the UK are not personally directing it at anyone other than their mishaps in UK life or Mr Blair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.