Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Old Aug 22nd 2016, 7:20 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Sounds optimistic. I should think bacon and eggs is the ultimate if you've been living off ramen and devon
Lol the youngest is a shocker, believes every word her dad says and since the age of three has been in charge of hiding the bong [out in the garden] in the event of a drugs raid. The elder one is convinced her sister is being brainwashed to say that Deb & I abused her while they were with us for three weeks. Her dad keeps saying to her "Why do you hate grandma?" at first she said nothing while her dad kept telling her that we bashed her all the time. Now when he says it she replies that "Grandma bashes me hard with a wooden spoon" All untrue but we think it's because we have an audio tape of him bashing the girls for trying to protect their mum.
The eldest saw straight through the "We're having bacon & eggs on the beach" and replied "Oh yeah where did dad steal that from?"
When it all turns to sh1t, which it will sooner rather than later, she's going to need some expert help as she's already de-sensitised to both the drugs and the violence not to mention the crime aspect.
It took a lot of willpower not to turn South towards Gosford yesterday as we left Tenterfield. I had the urge to flay him in the style of Theon Greyjoy, feeding his fingers & toes to the rats. Maybe A Song of Ice and Fire isn't appropriate reading material at the moment. With any luck his dealers will track him down and do the job for me.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 8:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

So happy that the eldest is now safe and at last in a position to learn what living without drugs and threats can be. She will gradually settle into the new calm atmosphere with a lot of help from both sets of grandparents and suitable professionals. Hopefully before very long the youngest will be able to join her and gain the same help.

Very glad that at last you have been able to give all of us some good news, what a relief for you even though you still have worries at least there is one positive improvement.

Rosemary
Old Aug 24th 2016, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Lol the youngest is a shocker, believes every word her dad says and since the age of three has been in charge of hiding the bong [out in the garden] in the event of a drugs raid. The elder one is convinced her sister is being brainwashed to say that Deb & I abused her while they were with us for three weeks. Her dad keeps saying to her "Why do you hate grandma?" at first she said nothing while her dad kept telling her that we bashed her all the time. Now when he says it she replies that "Grandma bashes me hard with a wooden spoon" All untrue but we think it's because we have an audio tape of him bashing the girls for trying to protect their mum.
The eldest saw straight through the "We're having bacon & eggs on the beach" and replied "Oh yeah where did dad steal that from?"
When it all turns to sh1t, which it will sooner rather than later, she's going to need some expert help as she's already de-sensitised to both the drugs and the violence not to mention the crime aspect.
It took a lot of willpower not to turn South towards Gosford yesterday as we left Tenterfield. I had the urge to flay him in the style of Theon Greyjoy, feeding his fingers & toes to the rats. Maybe A Song of Ice and Fire isn't appropriate reading material at the moment. With any luck his dealers will track him down and do the job for me.
Perhaps you could strike a deal with the dealers. I'll tell you where he is as long as I never see or hear from him again
Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Beoz
Perhaps you could strike a deal with the dealers. I'll tell you where he is as long as I never see or hear from him again
I rather like that.

Sean. Any chance your daughter would sort herself out if the bloke was .....erm....history in some way.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 24th 2016 at 4:37 am.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 6:22 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Every possible scenario has been considered lol. It got so bad that last week I had a dream that we took him to a derelict shed put his manhood in a vice, hacksawed off the vice handle, then set the shed alight so he had to choose. I'm sure it's an old movie or book but it was quite a vivid dream.
To be honest I feel as though they are close to the bottom and it's only a matter of time before they both end up in gaol or worse.
Child protection actually gave us an update to the effect that they have managed to track them down to the "peninsular" area I assume that's Gosford.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 9:11 pm

It's been a massive week so far and finally some good news, Both grandkids are safe and away from their father.
After their rapid departure to the Gosford/Umina area leaving the eldest with nan & pop things moved quite quickly. Eldest opened up to both sets of grandparents about life in the family home, it wasn't pretty by a long shot. She then poured her heart out to the teacher and to the family doctor, both are mandatory reporters. I guess once she started talking it all came out.
Last Friday our daughter sneaked back into town to stay at their old dealers house. She was spotted by one of GD's school mates who told her parents. They rang nan & pop and warned them. An hour later they got a phone call asking if GD could come and have a sleep over, sneaky buggers.
Monday GD ran in the state athletics comp in Tamworth. When she got home there was a text message making threats that if she wasn't returned immediately to her parents the grandparents would face kidnapping charges. GD was with her nan in the doctors surgery at the time and he being aware of the situation advised they ignore any attempt & wait for the police to call.
I spent an hour and a half on the phone to child protection trying to galvanize them into action. I think I've finally worked out what puts the fear of god into govt departments. When confirming my name etc I then ask for their full name and explain I need it for my records, for the letter I'm writing to the minister.
Tuesday I did much the same with a degree of success.
Wednesday police turned up at nan & pops at 7.30pm and took GD away kicking and screaming. Fearing the worst we didn't sleep much that night.
Yesterday at 9am we got a phone call to say that the eldest had spent the night in a motel with a lady from child protection and had talked non stop about every detail she could remember. As a result at 6.45 yesterday police & child protection arrived at the caravan park in Gosford and removed the youngest GD into emergency foster care.
As of last night nan and pop have agreed to home both GD's so they don't have to be split up. We can visit whenever we like but before we can have them for the holidays we need police clearance checks.
I'm one very happy poppy this morning
Old Sep 8th 2016, 9:21 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

It's so terrible that your grandchildren had to go through all of this - but thank goodness things are finally moving in the right direction.

You must be so very relieved.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 9:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
It's so terrible that your grandchildren had to go through all of this - but thank goodness things are finally moving in the right direction.

You must be so very relieved.
What she said. I am really sorry for what the girls have been through but very pleased that they're going to be getting the help they need.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 9:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

At last the authorities have managed to gain an insight into the needs of your granddaughters and performed the appropriate action. So happy that they are now able to live in a safe and stable environment.

Thanks for sharing this great piece of news.

Rosemary
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Thrilled by the end result but so tragic that it had to go to such lengths to get there. So happy for you and Mrs Cresta and especially for your dear Grand-daughters.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Just the best news ever! So happy that your Grand daughters now have a chance of having a normal, happy life...

>hugs<
Old Sep 9th 2016, 4:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

..and so you should be. It's fantastic good news at long last. I am so pleased for you .

Have a great weekend.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Cresta. School holidays in a week or two so hope your police checks go through quickly and you get the girls very soon for a visit.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness your GD had the nous to disclose and not to stop talking to whomever she could! Three cheers for mandatory notification huh! That's a good outcome and I hope the court will make the arrangement permanent and that you don't get some wanker of a judge who is swayed by "oh your honour I have got my life back in order and I love my children ".

The girls are lucky to have you guys there for them!
Old Sep 9th 2016, 10:14 am

Now it's all over child protection are very helpful. I spent a good hour on the phone to them this afternoon and they want us to get NSW police clearance we have to go through a vetting process to ensure our home is a safe environment and a few other hoops to jump through. After that we will be registered as respite foster carers for our own gds.
We're still smiling lol and I had the best nights sleep in months last night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.