Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Old May 2nd 2016, 9:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Grandparents Family Court Custody Order?

Originally Posted by cresta57
Letter rather than email then? I've tracked down the minister with the relevant portfolio it appears to be the RH Brad Hazzard in NSW. I guess there's little point in doing the same here in QLD as they are currently hiding out in NSW.
Cheers guys
I'd do both anyway.
Old May 2nd 2016, 9:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'd do both anyway.
So would I.
Old May 2nd 2016, 11:05 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
So would I.
Yes, both. Email asking for a read receipt and registered mail for the letter. No way to deny getting it then.
Old May 3rd 2016, 1:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes, both. Email asking for a read receipt and registered mail for the letter. No way to deny getting it then.
Definitely. Cover all bases.
Old May 3rd 2016, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely direct to both - direct to the NSW minister with a cc to your local member.
Old May 11th 2016, 7:33 am
`

Umm.

Not wishing to intrude but I will anyway.

What's the news please?

It's not about being nosy but you can tell us to bog off. I think about you guys.
Old May 11th 2016, 7:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Umm.

Not wishing to intrude but I will anyway.

What's the news please?

It's not about being nosy but you can tell us to bog off. I think about you guys.
Thanks BEVS, I have been stewing over it and like you did not want to intrude but........

Rosemary
Old May 11th 2016, 8:34 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Thanks BEVS, I have been stewing over it and like you did not want to intrude but........

Rosemary
Lol at you two.
Well so far nothing has happened aside from the NSW facs paying a visit to the property they are staying at twice within the last fortnight. The second time police were accompanying them. I don't know any details as it came via his mother [who had the family they are staying with on the phone complaining about it]
They are in the system and have been visited so that's a bonus.
We saw another solicitor and he has basically said that as we're both in work and they aren't they could keep fighting us until we've spent every cent we have. The last client spent 20k and lost. I think from a legal point of view we're not in a position to take on legal aid. The best we can hope for is that the cops bust them and we get a temporary care order.
Sounds harsh that money is a stumbling block. As the solicitor was quick to point out at the moment these are only allegations and without actual convictions there's no hard evidence. Unless they're caught driving a vehicle they can't be made to take a drug test.
Old May 11th 2016, 8:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sean that sounds like both good news and bad for you. Fingers crossed they get caught driving (not with the kids in the car obviously).
Old May 11th 2016, 1:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the update. Your hands are totally tied with the law as it is so that must be so frustrating for you. For me it is a very positive thing that the second visit by the NSW had a police presence because if it is anything like the UK that means that the NSW are concerned enough to think that the police are required.

Rosemary
Old May 11th 2016, 9:48 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the update. Your hands are totally tied with the law as it is so that must be so frustrating for you. For me it is a very positive thing that the second visit by the NSW had a police presence because if it is anything like the UK that means that the NSW are concerned enough to think that the police are required.

Rosemary
Our thoughts exactly
Old May 11th 2016, 10:32 pm
`

Rosemary
Yes

Horrible. Dreadful. Frustration.

Have to hope that visits like that will harry the pair into doing something which allows for the drug testing.

Totally sucks about the money side though. At least the lawyer was up front about this.
Old May 12th 2016, 12:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Lol at you two.
Well so far nothing has happened aside from the NSW facs paying a visit to the property they are staying at twice within the last fortnight. The second time police were accompanying them. I don't know any details as it came via his mother [who had the family they are staying with on the phone complaining about it]
We saw another solicitor and he has basically said that as we're both in work and they aren't they could keep fighting us until we've spent every cent we have. The last client spent 20k and lost. I think from a legal point of view we're not in a position to take on legal aid. The best we can hope for is that the cops bust them and we get a temporary care order.
Sounds harsh that money is a stumbling block. As the solicitor was quick to point out at the moment these are only allegations and without actual convictions there's no hard evidence. Unless they're caught driving a vehicle they can't be made to take a drug test.
It sounds like a step in the right direction, albeit it may take a while - at least the NSW Facs and Police have them on their radar now.

Kudos to the solicitor who was upfront and straight with you - makes a nice change.

that they will find sufficient evidence to allow you to get custody in one form or another.

{hugs}
Old May 12th 2016, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Lol at you two.
I agree with poster that said kudos with solicitor for being upfront with you. The friend I referred to earlier on the thread has spent $100k on her long battle so far. It cannot be ignored. She is a nurse and (now) single grandparent, she only works part time because she has had temporary custody for most of the child's life and therefore needed to provide childcare. But still she has to keep on paying out whilst her daughter who keeps trying to get child back, has free representation. Australia seems to put parent before child as far as I can tell.
Old May 12th 2016, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I agree with poster that said kudos with solicitor for being upfront with you. The friend I referred to earlier on the thread has spent $100k on her long battle so far. It cannot be ignored. She is a nurse and (now) single grandparent, she only works part time because she has had temporary custody for most of the child's life and therefore needed to provide childcare. But still she has to keep on paying out whilst her daughter who keeps trying to get child back, has free representation. Australia seems to put parent before child as far as I can tell.
Yes, we asked about locally for a recommendation, one of the residents that Deb cares for has a solicitor relative and they were very obliging, pulled no punches and told it exactly as they saw it.
Now with school, facs & police involved I can at least sleep at night knowing they are under a watchful eye. We're emergency contact so we're awaiting that call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.