Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Schumacher remaining world No 1 because...

Is Schumacher remaining world No 1 because...

Old Mar 7th 2004, 10:03 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Schumacher remaining world No 1 because...

he always starts in pole position??
My theory is that he may have lost the ability to overtake. I vote that we give him a handicap (shoot him in the foot )and start him further down the grid, then see if he still wins, lets face it he's got the best car too!!
Old Mar 7th 2004, 10:24 pm
WBB

not wanting to appear to be a formula 1 nerd (cos i'm not) didn't he start from the back of the grid last season because of a technicality and still win, lets face it, he is a pretty good driver.

Old Mar 8th 2004, 10:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

He's just got a team with a lot of cash! If he was driving for someone with less money (like Minardi) I don't reckon he'd do as well.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
He's just got a team with a lot of cash! If he was driving for someone with less money (like Minardi) I don't reckon he'd do as well.
He didn't start with Ferrari. He went through a few other teams before ending up there. At the time Ferrari had not won the Championship for ages. I would say any driver driving for Minardi would not do well.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:17 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Schumacher remaining world No 1 because...

Originally posted by hevs
he always starts in pole position??
My theory is that he may have lost the ability to overtake. I vote that we give him a handicap (shoot him in the foot )and start him further down the grid, then see if he still wins, lets face it he's got the best car too!!
.....and he should do it with a blindfold on!

I reckon F1 will get a lot more interesting when shooey retires....he's getting a bit too predictable.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Even the marshals were bored. Thats really serious! And according to rumour, Mr Formula One (Bernie Ecclestone) is bored too.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 1:52 pm
earlswood

Originally posted by Pollyana
Even the marshals were bored. Thats really serious! And according to rumour, Mr Formula One (Bernie Ecclestone) is bored too.
I was looking forward to the race yesterday but was also bored

I ended up carving the Sunday bird half way through and Billabong fell asleep!!

We are people who watched Damon win at 3am years ago (wouldn't do it now... well maybe when Schoomie retires)

Old Mar 8th 2004, 1:55 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

.... the only way you'll make forumla 1 exciting is to take away 2 of their wheels and give them a 1000cc engine to play with.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
.... the only way you'll make forumla 1 exciting is to take away 2 of their wheels and give them a 1000cc engine to play with.
I liked the idea on the radio yesterday that you put all the F1 car keys in a pot and each driver picks a key, then has to go and find the car that matches the key, and only then get in and drive it for 58 laps!!
Old Mar 8th 2004, 2:33 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
I liked the idea on the radio yesterday that you put all the F1 car keys in a pot and each driver picks a key, then has to go and find the car that matches the key, and only then get in and drive it for 58 laps!!
Another one i thought of, was a weight which was added at every pitstop, the higher up the field you are the bigger the load... not sure how this would work in practice though. I think the Ferraris would need to get a towbar fitted to slow them down.

Old Mar 8th 2004, 7:34 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Won the World Championship with Benetton in the early nineties and they never had half the budget that Ferrari had then or has now, so the guy must have a little skill.

If Bernie would let more team(cars) enter maybe things would spice up(like in NASCAR where there are 43 cars per race).
Old Mar 8th 2004, 7:36 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

PS.. Still need more posts to equal his nuber of wins!!!!!
Old Mar 8th 2004, 8:56 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
do this with the blindfolds and make it really interesting
Old Mar 8th 2004, 11:08 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by The Bloke
Won the World Championship with Benetton in the early nineties and they never had half the budget that Ferrari had then or has now, so the guy must have a little skill.

If Bernie would let more team(cars) enter maybe things would spice up(like in NASCAR where there are 43 cars per race).

without sounding nerdish,Benetton F1 team then had a very illegal,very hard to pin down and prove traction control system than no other team came close to equaling.If you want to see a nice demo of shumi then look back to the first lap of the donnington gp in 93 i think when senna past 6 cars in one very wet lap.Its a shame he never got to race the other true great drivers but more so race in equal machinery.
Shumacher or anyone would not and cannot not win in poorer machinery.Its become a yawnfest,just like moto gp became when Mick Doohan won everything over and over again.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 2:11 am

Deedee,

Same could be said about the V8 championship in Oz. The Holden Racing Team (HRT) had the same strong yet hard to prove rumours about traction-control for years and since the playing field was "levelled" by the controlling body they have been struggling gradually, and last year lost the title to Ford, with very hard effort by Stone Brothers Racing (Ford car team). HRT dominated for years so much that every race became ho-hum.

As in life, drivers and teams strive to better themselves and their equipment, but that is limited to budget $'s. Unfortumnately if a driver was offered a drive in a better car he/she would be crazy to stay with a smaller team. As well as that there has, regretfully , to be winners and losers in everything.
Sayng going around "Rule 1. HRT shall not be penalised. Rule ". If in doubt refer to rule 1.

Strong rumour going that the Bathurst 24hr race is designed so that Holden can win that too!

Yes , it would be good to see Schumacher, Senna and the other great drivers of the past go head-to-head to see who really was the best. My personal opinion is that drivers like Moss, Fangio and Brabham etc, have better skill because their cars did not have modern aids to assist the driver and the rules were not changed every year.

It's not if you win, it's HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME!

Last edited by The Bloke; Mar 9th 2004 at 2:18 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.