Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good and Bad Primary Schools in the Burleigh Heads area - Gold Coast

Good and Bad Primary Schools in the Burleigh Heads area - Gold Coast

Old Jan 17th 2017, 8:05 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all
Default Good and Bad Primary Schools in the Burleigh Heads area - Gold Coast

Hi All,

We have just moved to the Burleigh Heads area of the Gold Coast, we have our kids (2&4) enrolled into Lollipop Lane daycare.

We have to find a rental, but we are just wondering anyone can advise us of any good government primary schools in the area, so we can get a rental in the appropriate catchment area. It would be good if anyone has some info on primary schools to avoid too.

Any tips would be great! Thanks.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 4:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good and Bad Primary Schools in the Burleigh Heads area - Gold Coast

Originally Posted by Baz
Hi All,

We have just moved to the Burleigh Heads area of the Gold Coast, we have our kids (2&4) enrolled into Lollipop Lane daycare.

We have to find a rental, but we are just wondering anyone can advise us of any good government primary schools in the area, so we can get a rental in the appropriate catchment area. It would be good if anyone has some info on primary schools to avoid too.

Any tips would be great! Thanks.
To make it easier (possibly) I can't think of a primary school in the area I wouldn't be happy to send my kids to. They are all imo pretty good. The only issue is how you and your children feel when you visit. If your arrival on the GC is intended to be a permanent one I would be more inclined to get yourselves in a catchment area for High School. However obviously you can't guarantee you like the HS in 8 years time but they haven't really changed in the last 8 so you should be fine.

The only one I have issues with is Worongary States School for duty of care reasons.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 9:06 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all
Default Re: Good and Bad Primary Schools in the Burleigh Heads area - Gold Coast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
To make it easier (possibly) I can't think of a primary school in the area I wouldn't be happy to send my kids to. They are all imo pretty good. The only issue is how you and your children feel when you visit. If your arrival on the GC is intended to be a permanent one I would be more inclined to get yourselves in a catchment area for High School. However obviously you can't guarantee you like the HS in 8 years time but they haven't really changed in the last 8 so you should be fine.

The only one I have issues with is Worongary States School for duty of care reasons.
Many thanks for the response, can you recommend any high schools with a good reputation in the Burleigh / Varsity Lakes / Miami area?

Cheers - Bob
Old Jan 18th 2017, 11:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baz
Many thanks for the response, can you recommend any high schools with a good reputation in the Burleigh / Varsity Lakes / Miami area?

Cheers - Bob
Not that many State HS in that area but Varsity College would be your best bet. It's a big school but it's split into campuses so doesn't feel huge. It goes from Prep to Grade 12 so once in you'll feed straight through. All the kids and parents I know who went through were happy with it.

Edit: My usual school disclaimer: you and your kids might hate it. Not every school, no matter good or bad rep, will be the right fit for your child.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 18th 2017 at 11:11 am.