Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Golf Clubs/Airport Jobs

Golf Clubs/Airport Jobs

Old Sep 19th 2010, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

pkwa10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Golf Clubs/Airport Jobs

As said in my previous Thread OH will be looking for work once we arrive ( Offer can through on Friday so am now playing the 457 waiting game!)

In our Action plan of what work should he do, He is an avid golfer and also has a sales background.

Can anyone suggest Good or not so good Golf Courses in the Sydney area?
This is one option for him Membership sales.

Also he has 15 years with British Airways as a baggage handler does anyone have any info on this positions in Sydney?

All help as always is really appreicated!

Old Sep 19th 2010, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

GraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to allGraniteGuy is a name known to all
Default Re: Golf Clubs/Airport Jobs

The first thing to remember is to make sure there is not a spec of dirt on hubbies golf shoes when he arrives at Sydney airport - they can be a bit funny about non-Australian dirt
Old Sep 19th 2010, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GraniteGuy
The first thing to remember is to make sure there is not a spec of dirt on hubbies golf shoes when he arrives at Sydney airport - they can be a bit funny about non-Australian dirt
Will do.. Well he will its the only thing he cleans lol!

Thanks!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:11 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of really good courses in Sydney. The Australian and the Lakes are two - both handily located close to the airport!!!

Previous poster is right about bringing in golf kit - clubs and shoes need to be spotless - as in take a toothbrush to both (but best to discard afterwards )

Scotty
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think it matters how clean they are, they WILL be impounded

Mine were spotless, and i mean spotless.

Set of Ping I3's, and a nice letter to say that they have been impounded, pay $200 or they will be disposed of.

Basically they knew that i would have to pay the clubs were worth 5 times that amount.

When i got them back i swear that all they had done is swap the covers over on the 3 and 5 woods.

Stu
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future

I imported my golf clubs, shoes etc when we shipped our household furniture across. Not a bit of trouble. No cleaning was required Oz side. And we never obsessively cleaned due to expecting a cleaning order once things arrived. And my golf shoes were not cleaned as they were inside my golf bag and I forgot.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
I don't think it matters how clean they are, they WILL be impounded

Mine were spotless, and i mean spotless.

Set of Ping I3's, and a nice letter to say that they have been impounded, pay $200 or they will be disposed of.

Basically they knew that i would have to pay the clubs were worth 5 times that amount.

When i got them back i swear that all they had done is swap the covers over on the 3 and 5 woods.

Stu
Mine were not impounded and nor was I charged for cleaning of them. So to day the categorically WILL be impounded is incorrect.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scotty1
There are lots of really good courses in Sydney. The Australian and the Lakes are two - both handily located close to the airport!!!

Previous poster is right about bringing in golf kit - clubs and shoes need to be spotless - as in take a toothbrush to both (but best to discard afterwards )

Scotty
Is that East Lakes? Lost many a good ball there. Good fun course though in my limited experience as a duffer.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:25 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Is that East Lakes? Lost many a good ball there. Good fun course though in my limited experience as a duffer.
Close but no -
This is the course I am talking about

http://www.thelakesgolfclub.com.au/t...5?OpenDocument

An inland links that the Aussie open will host this year

Eastlakes is close by and I've not played it but a different course
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:30 am
Bright in Orange

Not so good to get your Pings impounded!

I took mine on the plane rather than in the container - I was not keen on being without them for 3 months

If you bring them on the plane you need to clean both clubs and shoes to pristine - they may only ask to see one, but if they are good, you will get through fine.

I did have other clubs in the container that didn't get touched and a pair of shoes I had worn and forgotten about - glad they didn't see them as they were not pristine at all - its luck of the draw if you get impounded. Just clean the stuff, much better idea!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Thank you!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:38 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Mine were not impounded and nor was I charged for cleaning of them. So to day the categorically WILL be impounded is incorrect.
Mine weren't touched either.