Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.

Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.

Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.

Cor, I tell you what I'm bloody envious.

Enjoyed those photos.

I just gotta do that one day.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

linnie2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wsbtroyno21
Yes Bix it was bloody fantastic.......it is so quiet and peaceful up there...except when the pilot turns the gas blower thingy on !!!!

Jim had a whale of a time....he helped them inflate the balloon (he has plenty of hot air to spare...lol).

Thanks for the suggestions.....the skydiving without a parachute sounds like a good idea but since I am here on a spouse visa I think it would better to have him around for the next 2 years until my visa becomes permanant....lol !!!!!

Wendy
I am just on the verge of booking a balloon flight as a Christmas pressie...out of interest, how long was your flight & did it go very quickly...we have the choice of a half hour or an hour...suspect my eyes could be closed for most of it anyway !
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:47 pm
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linnie2003
I am just on the verge of booking a balloon flight as a Christmas pressie...out of interest, how long was your flight & did it go very quickly...we have the choice of a half hour or an hour...suspect my eyes could be closed for most of it anyway !

The actual flight lasted about 40 minutes. We met at a hotel at 5am for the briefing then they take you to the launch site in a mini bus, set up the balloon, have your flight, land and pack up the balloon, back to hotel by mini bus and then have champagne (you can also have breakfast if you pay extra). We left the hotle at about 8.30 am I think.

It is a great experience and I am sure you will enjoy it....one girl in our group was petrified but she enjoyed the flight.

Go for it !!!!

Wendy
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by wsbtroyno21
The actual flight lasted about 40 minutes. We met at a hotel at 5am for the briefing then they take you to the launch site in a mini bus, set up the balloon, have your flight, land and pack up the balloon, back to hotel by mini bus and then have champagne (you can also have breakfast if you pay extra). We left the hotle at about 8.30 am I think.

It is a great experience and I am sure you will enjoy it....one girl in our group was petrified but she enjoyed the flight.

Go for it !!!!

Wendy
Wendy & Jim,

How bloody fan-bloomin-tastic did that look???

Gotta get me a go of that very soon!!!!!!

Funny...have jumped from the sky many times but think a trip in a Bloon would top it x 1000!!!!

Awesome....thanx for taking the time to share your experience!

Jim, nice one mate....top that for a pressie eh?
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:42 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Wendy & Jim,

How bloody fan-bloomin-tastic did that look???

Gotta get me a go of that very soon!!!!!!

Funny...have jumped from the sky many times but think a trip in a Bloon would top it x 1000!!!!

Awesome....thanx for taking the time to share your experience!

Jim, nice one mate....top that for a pressie eh?

Tell me about it mate, what the bloody hell am I gunna do next year.....

I've always wanted to go to to Tahitti...........

How's the migration going mate?

Jim
Old Dec 14th 2005, 7:05 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Tell me about it mate, what the bloody hell am I gunna do next year.....

I've always wanted to go to to Tahitti...........

How's the migration going mate?

Jim
We're getting there Jim!!

If all goes according to plan (!!), we are about a week and a hlaf away from getting the 'you've got it' email!!

Hows things with you? Are you all settled now? Hows the job going? Bet it feels like you never left doesn't it?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 3:40 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
We're getting there Jim!!

If all goes according to plan (!!), we are about a week and a hlaf away from getting the 'you've got it' email!!

Hows things with you? Are you all settled now? Hows the job going? Bet it feels like you never left doesn't it?

Jobs going good mate, I'm trying to talk the boss into getting some knew trucks, I suggested that he lease them, but, I think Wendy will be a super model before that happens..........
I hope you get some really good news soon. Have a good Christmas, as it maybe the last one you spend in the UK. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a boat this year, I have been a good boy so you never know.

Jim