Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.

Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.

Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:04 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.

Well, it's the better half's birthday in a couple of days. So I decided to treat her to a balloon ride tomorrow morning. I don't know what to expect, it looks like it's going to be a great day, so I'm hoping for some great photos. Anyway I'll fill you all in when I get back.

ZX......
Old Dec 10th 2005, 5:51 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Well, it's the better half's birthday in a couple of days. So I decided to treat her to a balloon ride tomorrow morning. I don't know what to expect, it looks like it's going to be a great day, so I'm hoping for some great photos. Anyway I'll fill you all in when I get back.

ZX......
That's a nice treat as long as she aint afraid of heights, then I'd call you wicked! ...

Personally I AM afraid of heights, but would love to do a balloon ride, the views must be wicked! ...

Can I borrow your ZX10 while your away?
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:04 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

ZX......
Can't wait to see the photos Jim!!
Where are you going...over Canberra?
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:21 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

ZX......
How cool will that be....

Enjoy

Ginny
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:51 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Damned good idea. Always fancied doing that meself.

Now don't forget to visit the little boys room before you take off.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:02 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bix
Now don't forget to visit the little boys room before you take off.

Hi Bix, long time ...
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:58 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

How you keeping Paul ?

I'm just worried about which way the wind will be blowing when they're up there
Old Dec 10th 2005, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
How you keeping Paul ?

I'm just worried about which way the wind will be blowing when they're up there
Fine thanks, no closer to getting to Oz but one day! ...

Oh and which 'wind' are we referring to ?! ...
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:10 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

well folks thats us back from our balloon ride. Wow.... it's so peaceful! I was surprised how warm it was too. We had a great time we varied our altitudes catching the different winds. I thought the landing was going to be a little rough, however, it was not to be the pilot just sat her down perfectly. I would recommend doing it. Hopefully the pictures we took will turn out I will post them as soon as I can.
Stay cool every one.

ZX.........
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:42 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

well folks thats us back from our balloon ride. Wow.... it's so peaceful! I was surprised how warm it was too. We had a great time we varied our altitudes catching the different winds. I thought the landing was going to be a little rough, however, it was not to be the pilot just sat her down perfectly. I would recommend doing it. Hopefully the pictures we took will turn out I will post them as soon as I can.
Stay cool every one.

ZX.........
Cool sounds like an awesome day out lets see the picks !
Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:20 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to say a big "THANK YOU SWEETHEART" for my wonderful trip in a hot air balloon. It was an amazing experience and one that I will never forget. It was even worth getting up at 4 am

I would highly recommend it to anyone who is visiting Canberra. Everyone has to meet at a hotel then they take you in a mini bus to the launch site. You can help them prepare the balloon for launch and then everyone gets in and away you go ....soaring up into the skies above Canberra. The views were magnificent and the pilot pointed out places of interest along the way. Once you land, everyone helps to pack away the balloon and then you go back to the hotel by mini bus and have a "champagne celebration" which is traditional after a balloon ride apparently.

We both thoroughly enjoyed the experience and can't wait to do it again

Thanks again babe for my wonderful surprise..........only problem now is how can I top that ..... lol. (Any suggestions gratefully appreciated !!!)

Wendy
(ZX's Better Half)

By the way the website for anyone that is interested is http://www.balloon.canberra.net.au/
Old Dec 11th 2005, 2:25 am
Breast Inspector

some pic's as promised

ZX............
Attached Thumbnails Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.-dscf0054.jpg   Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.-dscf0032.jpg   Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.-dscf0004.jpg  
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:37 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

some pic's as promised

ZX............

Wow, looks amazing.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:11 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by wsbtroyno21
only problem now is how can I top that ..... lol. (Any suggestions gratefully appreciated !!!) Wendy
Glad You enjoyed your day Wendy
Bloody exhiliarating eh ?

Now what can you get for the old boy ?

Aircon for his bike gear ?

Skydiving without parachute ?

Tickets to the tiddleywinks world championships ?

Hows about a deep root massage
Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:32 pm
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Bix it was bloody fantastic.......it is so quiet and peaceful up there...except when the pilot turns the gas blower thingy on !!!!

Jim had a whale of a time....he helped them inflate the balloon (he has plenty of hot air to spare...lol).

Thanks for the suggestions.....the skydiving without a parachute sounds like a good idea but since I am here on a spouse visa I think it would better to have him around for the next 2 years until my visa becomes permanant....lol !!!!!

Wendy
Attached Thumbnails Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.-dscf0002.jpg   Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.-dscf0017.jpg   Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.-dscf0027.jpg   Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.-dscf0064.jpg   Going in a hot air balloon tomorrow.-dscf0071.jpg  

Last edited by wsbtroyno21; Dec 11th 2005 at 10:58 pm. Reason: adding more pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.