Giving up on Oz

Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:36 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Giving up on Oz

Originally Posted by MUST LEAVE UK
I bet not many folk know what an L1A1 is. Although I thought the Aussies bought the original FN version as well as M16's ???. It kicked like a mule and the susat was useless, but you could never break them. I was dark blue, so we still had the wooden butt ones in the early nineties !!.
Last I heard they were still using them to fire lines across decks for transfers at sea.
Ah mate don't go there,you'll have armchair warriors like Amazulu and Badge in a sweat
Old Mar 21st 2013, 10:23 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I like that

PS,and yer son will never be a saffer
True he never will all the time I have a hole in my bottom.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 10:26 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
True he never will all the time I have a hole in my bottom.
B'stard,that's the second mouthful of tea i've lost
Old Mar 21st 2013, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite sad to read stories of people who've uprooted their lives, travelled half way round the world, struggled to establish themselves at great cost and a couple of decades later they hate the country they're living in.

IMO, unless your country is a real $hithole, migration is only suitable for a minority of people who are unusually adaptable and adventurous. For a variety of reasons (government policy, media etc) an awful lot of Brits are attracted to migrate to Australia, including quite a few who really shouldn't migrate anywhere.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Budawang
It's quite sad to read stories of people who've uprooted their lives, travelled half way round the world, struggled to establish themselves at great cost and a couple of decades later they hate the country they're living in.

IMO, unless your country is a real $hithole, migration is only suitable for a minority of people who are unusually adaptable and adventurous. For a variety of reasons (government policy, media etc) an awful lot of Brits are attracted to migrate to Australia, including quite a few who really shouldn't migrate anywhere.
I just think anyone leaving the UK because they perceive it to be broken, ruined, they are sick of it or similar are often on to a loser. Aus has as many issues as the UK. Some worse.

Coming here to get away from the UK isn't a good start.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budawang

Start a new life down under type TV programs have a lot to answer for. The modern reality TV worshippers think life is really like reality TV and are keen to replicate the adventures of their worshipped 'celebrities'.

I totally agree that migration is only suitable for a minority of people.

Still people will not be so anxious to leave the UK now George has made beer 1p a pint cheaper plus various other stimulatory measures.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Really? so I could just up and leave my 7 year old here?
I was going to ask you whether you had a choice here and it seems your responsibility as a father outweighs your desire to move on. Good for you.

Did the mother insist on him staying here?
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Start a new life down under type TV programs have a lot to answer for. The modern reality TV worshippers think life is really like reality TV and are keen to replicate the adventures of their worshipped 'celebrities'.

I totally agree that migration is only suitable for a minority of people.

Still people will not be so anxious to leave the UK now George has made beer 1p a pint cheaper plus various other stimulatory measures.
Long time no see!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:17 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Then again, zen might have been talking about taking a camera....
Camera, gun, mobile soup kitchen - doesn't change my post

If I hate living in the UK as much as some posters hate living in Australia, I'll have to top meself
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Camera, gun, mobile soup kitchen - doesn't change my post

If I hate living in the UK as much as some posters hate living in Australia, I'll have to top meself
I wonder sometimes how bad it can seem, but you know what, I don't think it's as bad as that. A lot of it has to be offloading...you hope..
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder sometimes how bad it can seem, but you know what, I don't think it's as bad as that. A lot of it has to be offloading...you hope..
One of the benefits of sites like this, people can have a spray and get some validation/support. Still a horrible situation to be in though
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:17 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to ask you whether you had a choice here and it seems your responsibility as a father outweighs your desire to move on. Good for you.

Did the mother insist on him staying here?
Well she wont move back and we have 50/50 care so in a nutshell no way I could move back on my own and leave him here and courts favour the status quo, besides it's a fight I'd rather not have. After 8 years here now it's becoming bearable and who knows one day I might like it more than back home. For that to happen a few things need to change. One I need a lobotomy, Two I need a tesco or asda next door to me (So long as they come here and dont adopt the Aussie way, you know, no choice and high priced monopoly).
A decent English type pub or two within a few K of me. Air fares need to be the same price as if you bought the ticket in the UK. Oh and the big one, all the true blue Aussie Battlers need to emigrate to the UK.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:28 pm
Concierge

What's a 'true blue Aussie Battler'?
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
What's a 'true blue Aussie Battler'?
A phrase much beloved by the Aussie tabloids and usually referring to someone who thinks he deserves handouts of food or benefits from the rest of us, who should all feel sorry for him (said only partly tongue in cheek).
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A phrase much beloved by the Aussie tabloids and usually referring to someone who thinks he deserves handouts of food or benefits from the rest of us, who should all feel sorry for him (said only partly tongue in cheek).
Oh. My understanding of the term is different, but then again I don't read the tabloids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.