Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gillard ends Big Australia drive...

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Back to the land of the single story dull red roofs...

I'm going to christen this pandering women.... Red roofed Julie
That comment has reminded me of this recent youtube vid from Red Roof Estates in Greater Manchester.

All's not well in Pommieland on the Real Estate front. A realistic view from an honest REA. I'd say UK migrants are gonna find it even tougher to get here with their property market versus ours .... something will have to give......eventually.

Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Do you mean a sustainable population mate? The main reason for New Zealand having a sustainable population is that it is unable to attract enough skilled migrants because of the lack of opportunities there. There are a lot of people I have met (one couple just today) who investigated NZ and then chose Oz because of the lack of jobs in NZ.

NZ would love to have the option to decide whether it can have unsustainable population growth.

BB
It's a fairly simple equation in the end. Australia cannot afford to build 1st world infrastructure without a large workforce paying a decent supply of income tax. If there is not forward movement in immigration or we take "Take stock". Infrastructure building and planning with stop at the level it is more or less at present. We will then be called upon to learn to live within our means. So I hope people are looking forwards to not being able to flush their toilets after 11pm like certain parts of Sweden, being limited to a certain amount of Kwh per person per day, so as to keep the country Sustainable. We could be in Green Nazi heaven in a few years. The least that will probably happen is Australia will again start to feel each and every one of its 22,500 Kilometers distance away from Europe as we start to look inwards again. I guess that will suit some.

Start digging your holes for your Earth toilets.

Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's a fairly simple equation in the end. Australia cannot afford to build 1st world infrastructure without a large workforce paying a decent supply of income tax. If there is not forward movement in immigration or we take "Take stock". Infrastructure building and planning with stop at the level it is more or less at present. We will then be called upon to learn to live within our means. So I hope people are looking forwards to not being able to flush their toilets after 11pm like certain parts of Sweden, being limited to a certain amount of Kwh per person per day, so as to keep the country Sustainable. We could be in Green Nazi heaven in a few years. The least that will probably happen is Australia will again start to feel each and every one of its 22,500 Kilometers distance away from Europe as we start to look inwards again. I guess that will suit some.

Start digging your holes for your Earth toilets.

Cities have been expanding and developing for centuries and yet in this day and age with all our new technology there's this new argument that we need mass migration to do it. It's media beat up joke.

Funny you should mention Sweden. They don't have a mass immigration policy to sustain their ageing population and yet they have one of the most envied sustainable systems.

Just remember, the Aus Govt are in the pockets of big businesses who want big migration to expand their profits - nothing more, nothing less.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomtastic
Cities have been expanding and developing for centuries and yet in this day and age with all our new technology there's this new argument that we need mass migration to do it. It's media beat up joke.

Funny you should mention Sweden. They don't have a mass immigration policy to sustain their ageing population and yet they have one of the most envied sustainable systems.

Just remember, the Aus Govt are in the pockets of big businesses who want big migration to expand their profits - nothing more, nothing less.

Also, dont be fooled by the so called skills shortage. When youve got highly skilled and experienced people in their 40's that cant even get a sniff of an interview then you know its the biggest con job going.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:39 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Also, dont be fooled by the so called skills shortage. When youve got highly skilled and experienced people in their 40's that cant even get a sniff of an interview then you know its the biggest con job going.
Fact

It's called bullshit media. Gillard will see through it, distinguish fact from fiction. This country needs to make decisions based on facts, not emotion
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomtastic

They do have a mass immigration policy:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzLECtFT4aU
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Half the Kiwi's live in Australia anyway, if we have a union the other half will come; not a good idea. I agree about abolishing the states. It's just set up as an excuse to have more self-serving pollies with their nose in the trough, controlling our lives.
Abolishing the states is a totally insane idea, designed by Marxists to further centralise power in Canberra and push the people further away from democracy.

On a wider note, Gillard has clearly flushed all her political principles down the toilet simply for power. I would not trust anyone who does this, nor who arranges a decapitation of the kind she did.

Seeing how otherwise intelligent people can actually want her to win and some even go so far as wanting to dismantle the essence of Australian federal democracy really shocks me sometimes, but it does explain a lot as well, especially when watching some people trying to park or work out the correct change for the bus.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seneca21
Abolishing the states is a totally insane idea, designed by Marxists to further centralise power in Canberra and push the people further away from democracy.

On a wider note, Gillard has clearly flushed all her political principles down the toilet simply for power. I would not trust anyone who does this, nor who arranges a decapitation of the kind she did.

Seeing how otherwise intelligent people can actually want her to win and some even go so far as wanting to dismantle the essence of Australian federal democracy really shocks me sometimes, but it does explain a lot as well, especially when watching some people trying to park or work out the correct change for the bus.
Marxists...

FFS, get a grip and try and move into the 21st century. Communist plots and Reds under the bed, I mean pleeese.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

That does work both ways. Marxists are into big government for sure and that is what we have at the moment. The only state (if you can call it that) showing any real growth is ACT. I am sure if the states were abolished by Labor the bureaucratic infrastructure would be kept and the decisions would be made in Canberra.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Marxists...

FFS, get a grip and try and move into the 21st century. Communist plots and Reds under the bed, I mean pleeese.
You ar

Last edited by Seneca21; Jun 28th 2010 at 12:13 am.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NedKelly
That does work both ways. Marxists are into big government for sure and that is what we have at the moment. The only state (if you can call it that) showing any real growth is ACT. I am sure if the states were abolished by Labor the bureaucratic infrastructure would be kept and the decisions would be made in Canberra.
I like the state/federal system. Even though Labor control most states right now and Labor have only been in power for less than three years in the federal sphere, I believe the reason Australia has not seen the destruction that Blair hammered into Britain is because of the division of powers across the state/fed system. Centralise all that power into a group of agencies in one district of one city, all working under one person, and you will get abuse, not improvement. It's just human nature.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

You are obviously not in the loop. I have spent a lot of time in academia and government work and I can tell you loud and clear that there is a determined Marxist agenda across most agencies. The last political Uni department I worked in was staffed at about 90% Marxist and 10% liberal. And we're talking serious pro-active initiatives here.
Well try spending more time down the pub. It will give you a far more realistic view of the world than listening to Trotsky plotters in some Uni department with too much time on their hands.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

I like the state/federal system. Even though Labor control most states right now and Labor have only been in power for less than three years in the federal sphere, I believe the reason Australia has not seen the destruction that Blair hammered into Britain is because of the division of powers across the state/fed system. Centralise all that power into a group of agencies in one district of one city, all working under one person, and you will get abuse, not improvement. It's just human nature.
...and the NSW State parliament is an improvement !!
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well try spending more time down the pub. It will give you a far more realistic view of the world than listening to Trotsky plotters in some Uni department with too much time on their hands.
I rather doubt that. Most people "down the pub" wouldn't recognise an ideological initiative if it danced naked in front of them for an hour and a half.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

...and the NSW State parliament is an improvement !!
Who's defending the NSW state parliament? Not me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.