Reload this Page >

Getting Statutory Declarations in UK

Getting Statutory Declarations in UK

Old Mar 6th 2002, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Zena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting Statutory Declarations in UK

Hi

I've noticed this has come up in coversation before, and maybe I'm just think, but I'm still not sure how to go about getting the statutory Declarations required for the "Proving you're De Facto Relationship" bit in the partner migration forms.

I've found form 888, but that states it should be filled in by an Australian Citizen or PR. Since I'm the only Australian Citizen we know in Warrington, we're a bit stuck.

We've got plenty of people who know us and are prepared to sign a statement saying we're genuine, but will Australia House accept that?

Has anyone else been in this situation, and been successfully granted a visa? If so, exactly what did you do? I said I was thick!!

Thanks
Zena
Old Mar 6th 2002, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: Getting Statutory Declarations in UK

Hi Zena, I'm an Australian with an English Husband.

We used my dad (English) and a long time friend of my husband's, again English. We drafted what we wanted the Statutory Declaration to say and took it to our local solicitor (without the people!), they had it made into a statutory declaration and then we had to take Dad and Friend along and got them to swear the declarations were true in the presence of another solicitor and paid £5 for each declaration and walked away with them.

Basically the declarations need to state the relationship between yourselves and the person making the declaration, how long they have known you and in what capacity and confirm that your relationship is genuine and ongoing. They swear on oath in the presence of a solicitor who then witnesses the document.

Australia House seemed content with it, they granted my husband's visa 6 weeks after our initial application.

I hope this helps.

Good luck with yours.

sophia x
Old Mar 6th 2002, 8:05 pm
Mark

Default Re: Getting Statutory Declarations in UK

Zena <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I've found form 888, but that states it should be filled in by an Australian
    > Citizen or PR. Since I'm the only Australian Citizen we know in Warrington, we're a
    > bit stuck.

Zena,

afaik, form 888 is Statutory Declaration by Supporting Witness in respect of an
Application to Remain Permanently in Australia on Spouse or Interdependency Grounds.
The crucial word here, I think, is REMAIN. If you're applying outside of Australia
then I think form 888 is not relevant.

We've also gone through this process with statutory declarations from various of our
close friends, family etc. but not using form 888.

Hope this helps.