Reload this Page >

General Costings

General Costings

Old Jul 10th 2008, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Craster is an unknown quantity at this point
Question General Costings

Hi

Im 20, just come out of an apprenticeship with BT (british telecom) and im now earning around 24K a year.

The reason im telling you this is because i have noticed looking around this forum that when people are moving over it is costing a ALOT ALOT of money. I knew it would cost a fair bit but...

Any anybody advised me where to start? I would like to know how much it would cost from the start to getting over there. Dunno if any of you had this my my mind has gona kinda into mush about the whole thing. I keep thinking maybe it isnt the right time...but i could be thinking that all my life haha.

Hope somebody can shed some light.

Thanks, Martin
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:09 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General Costings

Welcome to the madhouse.

I know little about the skills route of immigration, but the DIMIA website has loads of information on all visa types. Beware though - the rules change almost minute by minute (keeps people employed, you see).

Unless you have an unusual or complicated history the DIY route is perfectly do-able - jus read and digest all the small print at each stage and realise that Australians are totally rule-bound. They make 'em and will chuck out anything that doesn't dot every I and cross every T.

You'll still have to pay for the application, medicals and things like certifying documents but will save perhaps thousands on agent fees.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 4:24 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

If you go with an agent, which many people do because it 'can' be a bit of a mine-field, then this may very well nearly double the overall costs.

What you can do is to call around the various migration companies to get some advice on the direction to go. You don't have to sign up with them if you don't want to.

I'm not using an agent but many others are.

You will at the very least have to pay for the visa itself, the police checks, medical checks & document certification costs. If you are getting your skills certified, this will also cost.

- CDM
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

you need to do plenty of research, start of with if you are eligable, ie is your trade on lists ect, also try contacting some immigration agents, use the online points tools ect.
john

Originally Posted by Craster
Hi

Im 20, just come out of an apprenticeship with BT (british telecom) and im now earning around 24K a year.

The reason im telling you this is because i have noticed looking around this forum that when people are moving over it is costing a ALOT ALOT of money. I knew it would cost a fair bit but...

Any anybody advised me where to start? I would like to know how much it would cost from the start to getting over there. Dunno if any of you had this my my mind has gona kinda into mush about the whole thing. I keep thinking maybe it isnt the right time...but i could be thinking that all my life haha.

Hope somebody can shed some light.

Thanks, Martin