G'day everybody

Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Bury58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G'day everybody

I have just come across your site today and have found it very interesting.

My girlfriend and I are looking for a way (any way) to emigrate from the UK to Australia . We would really like to relocate in Perth as my girlfriend has an older sister who lives there with her husband.

Unfortunately my occupation is irrelevant as I am over the age limit to apply. My girlfriend has just had her 44th birthday so time is at a premium.

My girlfriend trained as a hairdresser in her earlier career days although she has not been in the trade recently.

If we were to apply for a visa could we put this down as her occupation? Would there be a need for a 'practical demonstration' of her hairdressing skills and do we need to provide her certificates with the application?

We would be interested to hear fro anyone who can help

Cheers

Colin and Frances
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G'day everybody

Originally Posted by Bury58

My girlfriend and I are looking for a way (any way) to emigrate from the UK to Australia . We would really like to relocate in Perth as my girlfriend has an older sister who lives there with her husband.

Unfortunately my occupation is irrelevant as I am over the age limit to apply. My girlfriend has just had her 44th birthday so time is at a premium.

My girlfriend trained as a hairdresser in her earlier career days although she has not been in the trade recently.

If we were to apply for a visa could we put this down as her occupation? Would there be a need for a 'practical demonstration' of her hairdressing skills and do we need to provide her certificates with the application?

Cheers

Colin and Frances
Welcome to BE

I would suggest that you contacted a migration agent as you do not really have time on your side. They will go through your details and advise on the best way forward for you.

Two good ones post on the site George Lombard http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?userid=8124 and Alan Collett http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?userid=2105.

Also post this question on this forum and see what others can advise http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

All the best
Wendy
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

hi i went through a company called conceptaustralia.com they really knew thier stuff. i have not worked in my trade as a painter for 6 years `but still managed to get me accepted by dimia . they have offices in manchester phone no is01619534101 they will have a quick telephone chat with u & if they think they can get u in they will tell to go for a interview good luck
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:24 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bury58

Cheers

Colin and Frances

Contact an agent for sure, Ian Harrop & Associates are great, they were the only ones who picked up on the fact that OH could apply for citizenship, where others did'nt.
I recently read somewhere about a hairdressing course in OZ, where you could train on a student visa & once qualified apply for PR visa, but I cant remember where is was, Sorry!!!! Will see if I can find it.