Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

game console to oz

game console to oz

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default game console to oz

Will a ps3,xbox from the uk work in australia,are they locked to different regions for games or can aussie games work in uk consoles.

Also plasma and lcd do they work in oz also from the uk.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

crankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nice
Default Re: game console to oz

Hi,

I'm in the same boat as you, I also have an xbox360 with around 6 games that are not compatible with the Australian games.

You can still take the console(s) and games with you as they will work until you buy any new games. The new games will not work with your console.

Your console (Region 2) - europe. Australia (Region 4).

Cheers.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Many region 4 discs are also encoded with the region 2 key, so do work
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
Will a ps3,xbox from the uk work in australia,are they locked to different regions for games or can aussie games work in uk consoles.

PS3 plays any region game. Won't play any blu ray DVD's only those from region it was bought in! But who buys one to watch DVD's on????
Old Jul 24th 2007, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crankysid
Hi,

I'm in the same boat as you, I also have an xbox360 with around 6 games that are not compatible with the Australian games.

You can still take the console(s) and games with you as they will work until you buy any new games. The new games will not work with your console.

Your console (Region 2) - europe. Australia (Region 4).

Cheers.
Not true. I have a european Xbox 360 and it plays Australian games just fine.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 1:45 am

gedge has disabled reputation

i'm not sure, i do know my scrabble set sort of works
it just doesn't have enough o's in it for the Aussie words
Old Jul 24th 2007, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

We have XBOX and it works here in OZ. It also plays the games we have bought in OZ.
We also bought a new Xbox 360 here. It plays all the games from the first Xbox bought in UK.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:17 am

gedge has disabled reputation

oh and btw, as someone has just reminded me
the forum search facility works just as well in the UK as it does in Oz
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

we have been in WA a few weeks. My son is overjoyed to find his Nintendo Wii plays on a Oz tv. Also games are the same PAL format, so he can buy new Oz Nintendo wii games to use on his European wii. Good news for him, not for me!

The shop in Perth had more choice for Nintendo than Europe too.

So dont rush into getting rid of any Nintendo consoles.

GEMS
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Ps3 Games are not region coded so you will be able to play games from Oz no problem. The Blue Ray DVD player if I remember is region B (If bought in the UK) which is the same as Australia so you can buy Blue Ray in Oz and it will also work.

Bobby
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

crankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nicecrankysid is just really nice

Hi,

I have been in contact with one of my friends who works at Microsoft in the Xbox division. He has confirmed that taking the xbox to Aus will work but any games purchased in Aus will not work due to region coding, i.e. Forza 2 is region coded.

Some new games are being released region coded and some are not depends on the programmers / producers.

Cheers.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crankysid
Hi,

I have been in contact with one of my friends who works at Microsoft in the Xbox division. He has confirmed that taking the xbox to Aus will work but any games purchased in Aus will not work due to region coding, i.e. Forza 2 is region coded.

Some new games are being released region coded and some are not depends on the programmers / producers.

Cheers.
So explain why my UK PAL Xbox 360 plays all Australian games fine UK PAL and Australian PAL are the same thing as far as I know, has been the case with all my consoles the UK and Australian consoles and games are interchangeable.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Teliko21
So explain why my UK PAL Xbox 360 plays all Australian games fine UK PAL and Australian PAL are the same thing as far as I know, has been the case with all my consoles the UK and Australian consoles and games are interchangeable.
I thought the Xbox 360 was same verson for UK and Oz....
Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Tamworth U.K.- Brisbane Very Soon Now Visa Granted!!
Graff will become famous soon enough

My x box 360 has been flashed with the firmware, so I guess no matter what region the game is, as long as I have a backup of the game it should play.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
I thought the Xbox 360 was same verson for UK and Oz....
It is basically the same, I was responding crankysid who has a friend who works for Microsoft and says UK Xbox 360s will not be able to play Austrlaian games.