Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

FX £ - $ AUD This week

FX £ - $ AUD This week

Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:36 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice
Default Re: FX £ - $ AUD This week

Originally Posted by chilliman
Totally CRAZY!!

What rate did you get your order at sweets?
I'm watching AUD/EUR so it's a bit different, I've set my limit at the equivalent approx of $2.70 in £ terms.

Should get it if we see another market crash, if not then I will have to think further. Set the order so I stop the addiction of constantly watching live rates! Sitting on the rates and am gobsmacked that there wasn't major turbulence this week. I'm no expert but these are crazy times

Did invest part of my nest egg a month ago and got approx $2.60 to £. Happy with it now but was hoping to make more profit with remainder. Greed kicked in I have to admit, I've been punished for it!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

As that great Yorkshire band's song goes...............

I PREDICT A RIOT!

You could surf the charts over recent times, choppy to say the least!

Happy Surfing!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Go on then Tor FX whats your expert opinion as to whats happening? When's it gonna peak? at what rate? Willing to put our money where you opinion is?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Safin
Go on then Tor FX whats your expert opinion as to whats happening? When's it gonna peak? at what rate? Willing to put our money where you opinion is?
His opinion has gone! lol!

Seen some very interesting comments about the fact that the interest rates cut could be good for sterling, also an interesting article about the coming demise of the american dollar

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article7171.html

Mind you if that's comes to pass things are going to be bad for a good few years!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

I never saw the Tor FX comments, what was all that about?

Friday looked promising with some steady growth for the £ but then tonight it seems to be downhill skiing again!

Alll markets closing now so will see what the new week brings us!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

It was a trader offering his services. More interested in his opinion though.

Given up trying to guess whats happening and just watching the show now.... Hoping we'll get another spike or 2 yet.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It was a trader offering his services. More interested in his opinion though.

Given up trying to guess whats happening and just watching the show now.... Hoping we'll get another spike or 2 yet.
AS he regsitered using a company name and had already been banned once for doing exactly the same thing, sorry but he had to go! Offering help is one thing - using BE to advertise is a bit naughtier!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

wasn't complaining or saying he shouldn't have gone just answering MrCro's question.

I think he should have offerred free advice to us all from the good of his heart and if he wanted to charge for that then flogging should be the order of the day not just banning
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough

Oz dollar seem to be very up and down today!!!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes the £ seemed to fly up late afternoon then steady when trading in uk finished. Could be rumours of VAT drops this afternoon. I still think pound will torpedo soon!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Well I now have no idea which way things are going to go now?

China stimulus package helping asian economies, keep up resources demand, help to the Oz economy????

Further interest rate cuts in UK & Oz??
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough

Uk BOE set for meeting December 10th 2008 Oz RBOA set meeting for 4th December 2008 if anything is going to happen with regards to currency exchange it may well be in December? May or may not be early Christmas present will have to keep watching and hoping.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

wasn't complaining or saying he shouldn't have gone just answering MrCro's question.

I think he should have offerred free advice to us all from the good of his heart and if he wanted to charge for that then flogging should be the order of the day not just banning
Unfortunately we aren't allowed to do public floggings
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

13 mins polly not bad for a woman
Old Nov 11th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

£ looking good in the afternoons, yesterday jumped upto 2.33 at the end of the day trading in New York and then hovered around same all day whilst London trading. But now same as yesterday when trading in UK nearing end it's climbing again 2.36 and rising at mo - looks like something having an impact in the afternoons.

But what exactly who knows!? Perhaps its the USD not doing well that boosts us up abit!?

As I've typed this its climbing away now 2.37!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.