Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fruit comparison

Fruit comparison

Old May 19th 2006, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Fruit comparison

Originally Posted by WendyC
Sorry, just asking.

Obviously with me still in the UK I'm looking for info on Oz. I intend to go to Adelaide and was just wondering if you came from there that's all.

No need to get nasty
Not intending to be nasty, just curious why 2 people make references to Perth?

I've been to adelaide so if you want any info, just PM me and if I can help out I will.

Jamie
Old May 19th 2006, 11:37 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Another load of Google irrelevance from Vash. In Oz, in major stores like Target, bags are routinely checked when you exit and often when you enter; the presumption must be the shopper is guilty until proven innocent.

Perhaps it's something to do with Oz's criminal past, but it really used to piss us off. Perhaps they could recover some of the lost profits by reducing the 400 plastic bags they use each time you go to the checkout.

As for searches, prior to boarding a plance - they're not exactly looking for a stolen packet of sweets now are they?!

As for CCTV, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

And in-store cameras have been used in both countries for many years.
The racist's back! Hurrah! I've had my bags checked on several occasions, none of them in the 14 months during which I was in Oz. I had my bag searched prior to entering Harrods and I had my bags searched prior to entering the Science Museum with my son. Must be something to do with all those criminals England produced and shipped to the other end of the planet, or some other trollish ignorant excuse for an argument ..

Last edited by Hutch; May 19th 2006 at 11:44 am.
Old May 19th 2006, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toppa
Not intending to be nasty, just curious why 2 people make references to Perth?

I've been to adelaide so if you want any info, just PM me and if I can help out I will.

Jamie

I never mentioned Perth
Old May 19th 2006, 11:40 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toppa
This guy "vash" is the aussie who defends his country come hell or high water but has flashed on every thread almost the fact he now has a UK passport, and may even live there till he dies now?

Interesting don't u think mate?
Vash said, when asked if he was going to stay "LOL, of course not - the very idea is unthinkable!"

Interesting don't u think mate?
Old May 19th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
BTW, I can trump "I never got short changed until I came to Australia" with the fact that I never got happy-slapped until I came to the UK...

Hmmm. I guess it's all about perspective.
No, it's about comparing 'like with like.'

Or should we start to list some of Oz's less savoury aspects? We never had our car vandalised or house broken into until we got to Oz.

Or, more importantly: the fact that the rape % is far higher in Oz than UK, or how about the two 14 year-old girls that recently stabbed a taxi-driver to death, or...
Old May 19th 2006, 11:46 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Or should we start to list some of Oz's less savoury aspects? We never had our car vandalised or house broken into until we got to Oz.

Or, more importantly: the fact that the rape % is far higher in Oz than UK, or how about the two 14 year-old girls that recently stabbed a taxi-driver to death, or...
Good God, who'd have thought one of Arcon's posts would end up like this eh?

Well done Arcon, I'm sure you'll sleep well tonight whiist thinking about what to moan about next...

Graham
Old May 19th 2006, 11:48 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by northerner
Good God, who'd have thought one of Arcon's posts would end up like this eh?
Yea, but he's doing a *really* good job when professional trolls like Stanton bless us with an appearance ...
Old May 19th 2006, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
The racist's back! Hurrah! I've had my bags checked on several occasions, none of them in the 14 months during which I was in Oz. I...Must be something to do with all those criminals England produced and shipped to the other of the planet, or some other trollish ignorant excuse for an argument ..
And this from the man that refers to UK as a sewer.

You do come across as an sad, angry little man that's going to set the world alight in...where was it again? Oh yes, thrilling South Australia. If I were you, I'd pack a box of matches...
Old May 19th 2006, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no - they don't have crime in Oz do they :scared: I'm getting back on the plane tomorrow
Old May 19th 2006, 11:54 am
Australia's Doorman

And this from the man that refers to UK as a sewer.

You do come across as an angry little man that's going to set the world alight in...where was it again? Oh, yes. South Australia. If I were you, I'd pack a box of matches...
You seem to have a real problem getting your facts straight, Stanton - it's okay, I'm used to your half-arsed half-truths. I actually referred to England as a 'godforsaken hole', not a sewer - and it was with particular reference to the ice rink in Bristol - I'd *really* like to see anyone argue to the contrary. And no, not South Australia, nice try - but never let the facts get in the way of another xenophobic rant, eh?
Old May 19th 2006, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WendyC
I never mentioned Perth
Nah sorry mate, it was someone on this thread and someone on another.

My F'up
Old May 19th 2006, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

You seem to have a real problem getting your facts straight, Stanton - it's okay, I'm used to your half-arsed half-truths. I actually referred to England as a 'godforsaken hole', not a sewer - and it was with particular reference to the ice rink in Bristol - I'd *really* like to see anyone argue to the contrary. And no, not South Australia, nice try - but never let the facts get in the way of another xenophobic rant, eh?
Ouch, we are a bitchin' Go lads Go
Old May 19th 2006, 11:59 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry Arkon but how is this thread supposed to go You have come back to sell up (and well done for the decision by the way). You post the price of fruit, how great the crisps are, and the baby food and everything else in your OP. What did you want to happen; no one reply at all as there is not much to say; reply agreeing with you but not much else; people replying with their own perspective which in all probability differs from yours?

They are the only ways the thread can go. The first would probably piss you off, the second would be incredibly boring, the third is how this forum works.

I really don't know what you want, other than get the hell out of the country of course
How should the thread have gone? Well exactly how it did go. I have just come back from blighty and this particular aspect was still very fresh in my head and with receipts to prove it. Most of the posters responded like adults to it but the usual bunch decided that whatever I post whether true or not needed to be derided. This to me says more about them than me. Fruit is dearer here than home fact, disproportionately so IMO. It’s not one of my reasons to return as I couldn’t really give a toss. My point I was trying to make was how can a country that grows all this stuff by the shed load get away with ripping everyone off?
Old May 19th 2006, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by arkon
Most of the posters responded like adults to it but the usual bunch decided that whatever I post whether true or not needed to be derided. This to me says more about them than me. Fruit is dearer here than home fact, disproportionately so IMO. My point I was trying to make was how can a country that grows all this stuff by the shed load get away with ripping everyone off?
Valid points mate. Seems from what I have observed so far that there is a sub-group of individuals who just wanna stir the spoon to the edge but not so far that they upset the management. Bit like a kid's game don't you think?
Old May 19th 2006, 12:07 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

So what? Is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy them?
I think your missing the point too, at $10 per K they are now off the supermarket shelves here and so all the previous arguments about supporting the farmers is plainly ridiculous. It’s more than just bananas anyway, replace the word banana with almost any other commodity here and the same applies. For the moment I am still living in Oz so still have opinions on this subject and others, after all if I didn’t post about stuff like this what on earth could the likes of vash, you and others have to whinge about?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.