Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Free roaming while in AUS

Free roaming while in AUS

Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

sun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Free roaming while in AUS

Good news if you want to use your Three UK mobile while in Australia:

Starting from today THREE UK customers will be able to use their existing allowances in 7 countries including Austria, Australia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Italy, ROI and Sweden.

-This is available for pay monthly, pay as you go, mobile broadband and business.
-You do not need to pay extra on your tariff
-Calls and texts to UK numbers come out of your inclusive allowance
-Data roaming comes out of existing allowance
-No charge to receive a call when abroad
-Local calls/texts are charged at standard rate (20p a min, 7p a text)
-More countries to be added soon (Unconfirmed)

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home
(Remember to read all T&C before going abroad)

So for example i have 2000 mins/5000 texts and unlimited data on my plan.

If i travel to Australia I can roam on any network and use my minutes and texts to call any UK number. I can also receive calls for free and i can use data in the country for free because my allowance is unlimited. The only thing that costs is if i go over my allowances or if i make any local calls, they are charged at standard rate.

The best way to take advantage of this deal is buy a Three UK pay as you go sim. Top up £15 and buy the 300 min/3000 texts and unlimited data add on. Then when you travel to any of those countries you can use the allowances there free of charge. If you're already a three mobile customer then you're already set.