Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Free Lettuce!!!!

Free Lettuce!!!!

Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Free Lettuce!!!!

Sorry guys, I know, I know, but I can't resist it. Its another lettuce post!

The Bloke has just walked in from Coles....with a bag of FREE LETTUCE!

Well, to be strictly correct, its a free bag of mixed iceberg lettuce, carrot and cabbage, chopped together. They said its a new product, so they are giving away free bags! Have just checked, and its true, there is real lettuce in the packet, and its FREE!!!

That even beats my 9 cents lettuces for sale in Gatton
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:44 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free Lettuce!!!!

hehe........hope you have your tin hat on poll from the anti-lettuce brigade!!

there was something interesting in the news a while back here in the uk, a rport which said that the pre-washed bags of lettuce/salad had vry high levels of chemicals on them - something to do with antibacterial wash to keep the salad as fresh as possible. is this common practice in aus too???
i havent bought another bag of pre-washed salad since!!!

sue
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:46 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Well, to be strictly correct, its a free bag of mixed iceberg lettuce, carrot and cabbage, chopped together. They said its a new product, so they are giving away free bags! Have just checked, and its true, there is real lettuce in the packet, and its FREE!!!

Hmmm, sounds quite nice. Will have to go badger our local Coles for one!

Polly hereby gets the BE 'Cheapest Lettuce Of The Year' Award!
[FX: fanfare]

Anya.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:50 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

You little gem...
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:49 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jayr
You little gem...
and you're saying that 'cos....?

(sorry )

Anya
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:47 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Well really! All these posts about lettuces and absolutely no mention of cask wine! Disgraceful!

Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:53 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Are they giving away free cask wine in Coles too???
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:59 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Are they giving away free cask wine in Coles too???
I'll get my coat...
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:10 am
wombat42

Not another iceberg lettuce post, someone shoot me and put me out of my misery. The only reason they are giving it away is either because it is rotten,
or it is one of those new genetically modified lettuce, and they are using you as human guinea pigs to test if it causes cancer or some other disease,

Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:11 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by wombat42
Not another iceberg lettuce post, someone shoot me and put me out of my misery. The only reason they are giving it away is either because it is rotten,
or it is one of those new genetically modified lettuce, and they are using you as human guinea pigs to test if it causes cancer or some other disease,
I love a guy with a sense of humour
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:23 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I love a guy with a sense of humour
Wouldn't just have a ball on a night out with him.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:29 am
Karma Comedian

Originally Posted by Bordy

Bloody whinging Ozzies...
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:32 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by Bordy
Sorry, l don't go out with people l meet online, there's too many weirdos out there. :scared: :scared:

Last edited by wombat42; Oct 29th 2004 at 4:35 am.

Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:40 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by wombat42
Sorry, l don't go out with people l meet online,
Phew, thats a relief
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:43 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

FREE LETTUCE!

After a year in Oz, salad greens freedom fighter Polly is now more concerned than ever about the plight of Australian lettuces. Many of these creatures spend their days suffering in the artifical environment of an Oz supermarket. Often they are tightly wrapped in clingfim, making breathing difficult. They are kept indoors all day and never allowed out to roam freely as they would in their natural state. Often they are roughly handled by supermarket staff and prodded by customers. Even worse, they never get fed or watered, and are deprived of the opportunity to reproduce :scared: .

As decent, kindly people, are YOU shocked and disgusted by the sad plight of Australian Lettuces, like Polly...?

IF SO, YOU TOO CAN HELP POLLY IN HER QUEST TO FREE LETTUCES EVERYWHERE!

Please give generously to this worthy cause:

$8 buys a bottle of OSH to quench Polly's thirst as she bravely takes up the fight at the local Coles, to free condemned lettuces kept in miserable conditions.

$25 buys a bottle of decent sparking wine to help Polly ward off dehyration as she fights the Manager of Coles Vegetable Department for the freedom of salad greens everywhere.

$3500 buys a good pair of designer shoes for Polly, so that her bare feet don't get cold and blistered on all those supermarket floors.

You all know your duty. Polly knows she can count on your support.

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.