Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

FREE KARMA for NEWBIES

FREE KARMA for NEWBIES

Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:57 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice
Default Re: FREE KARMA for NEWBIES

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
Nice to meet you too Carl, we are only living here because I'm working in Reading for a mobile phone operator. Bracknell seems ok, a bit quiet but alot nicer than the dodgy area of Bristol we have been living in for the last 4 years.

Only 4 months today til we are on a plane so I think we'll manage to put up with our rented one bed shoe box til then!
On a plane to where, if you don't mind me asking?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:58 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by possoms
Where abouts in Australia are you headed?
Doh....didn't see you ask the same question....
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fireeater
On a plane to where, if you don't mind me asking?
Perth, planning to settle in Rockingham depending on where I can find work
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:05 am

Perth, planning to settle in Rockingham depending on where I can find work
Good luck to you. We're on the other side in Melbourne and love it
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:06 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Doh....didn't see you ask the same question....
great minds and all that think i've frightened them off with the 'dose' thing

KARMA a DOSE of KARMA it doesnt itch
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

how long have you been there?

Clare spent a year backpacking in Oz and loved Melbourne but it was too cold!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:08 am

Good to here it, we're of to Tas only an hours flight from Melbourne will be up there for shopping weekends
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Good to here it, we're of to Tas only an hours flight from Melbourne will be up there for shopping weekends
so what's Tas like? we haven't had a chance to visit but what I've seen on travel progs it seems a bit quiet.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:16 am

how long have you been there?

Clare spent a year backpacking in Oz and loved Melbourne but it was too cold!
I've been here 8 weeks and Cas has been here 3 months so we've not see too much of the bad weather. In fact we're having an Indian summer here with temps rarely below 70F.

When it gets really hot I flake out a bit, so Perth and too much further North would probably be too hot, but each to their own
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:18 am

so what's Tas like? we haven't had a chance to visit but what I've seen on travel progs it seems a bit quiet.
We spent 6 months in WA and Tas is no qieter than there, its all very much quieter than the UK.

Tas has fantastic scenery, houses are still cheaper than the mainland, it has seasons like us so is very green.

We live in the Peak District its a lot like it was here years ago, but with really fresh air, beaut Nat Parks and beaches.

We just fell in love with it. Plus only an hour from Melbourne 2 from Sydney, so we can have best of both worlds.

Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:19 am

Melbourne is great to visit but not sure how good the shopping is.

Everything is really spread out and the centre is dominated by a huge Myers and loads of cafes. If it's really shopping that you want to do then check out areas where you're likely to get the things you want. If you're coming for a visit then just enjoy the sights, and tell us and we'll meet you for a drink
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:35 am

Melbourne is great to visit but not sure how good the shopping is.

Everything is really spread out and the centre is dominated by a huge Myers and loads of cafes. If it's really shopping that you want to do then check out areas where you're likely to get the things you want. If you're coming for a visit then just enjoy the sights, and tell us and we'll meet you for a drink
Cheers will do, I just thought the shopping in Melbourne and Sydney would be better than Hobart with it being much bigger (clothes shopping I mean) anyway I just liked the idea of going up for a weekend shopping spree (its what I do best) and a night out
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:42 am

Cheers will do, I just thought the shopping in Melbourne and Sydney would be better than Hobart with it being much bigger (clothes shopping I mean) anyway I just liked the idea of going up for a weekend shopping spree (its what I do best) and a night out
You'll have a great time out, that's for sure. I would imagine you're right about Hobart being a bit limited compared to Sydney and Melbourne though I've never been. The only thing is that like many big cities, Melbourne has lots of areas to shop, whereas smaller cities tend to clump all their shops in one central place. Less choice, but more convenience.

Theres a mag called Bargain Shopper that lists loads of place all over Melbourne. It has a website www.bargainshopper.com.au but not sure how much info this gives
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:47 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

Lel-smiff, I'm not arguing with anyone from Yorkshire :scared:

Carl

Hi Carl,
tee hee. I'm really actually an Essex girl that's been living in W Yorks for the past 9 years.

That surely makes me a little easier a target = you wouldn't be scared of me, more amused by my silly changeable accent between "innit" and "owt".

and I'm only fake blonde by the way...
Lel
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
Hi Carl,
tee hee. I'm really actually an Essex girl that's been living in W Yorks for the past 9 years.

That surely makes me a little easier a target = you wouldn't be scared of me, more amused by my silly changeable accent between "innit" and "owt".

and I'm only fake blonde by the way...
Lel
Essex girl? :scared:

How much longer have you got in Yorkshire before heading out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.