Free Chocolate

Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Free Chocolate

You really fell for that!!!
Does anyone know if people travelling to Oz are allowed to bring in chocolate, if so where should they store it? I am getting desperate for Green and Blacks organic chocolate. Thanks for any replies, I'm off to bed to dream........Green and Blacks.....Green and Blacks............
Karen
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Free Chocolate

Karen,
Its fine to bring choc as long as you declare it on your customs form, brought plenty back from uk yesterday, and lots of hula hops, ticked food box on form and just told customs man what i had. no checking required,
Michaela

Originally Posted by Muzzman
Does anyone know if people travelling to Oz are allowed to bring in chocolate, if so where should they store it? I am getting desperate for Green and Blacks organic chocolate. Thanks for any replies, I'm off to bed to dream........Green and Blacks.....Green and Blacks............
Karen
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't have a problem as long as its declared at Customs, and the packets are unopened.
Once here, keep it in the fridge - UK chocolate melts quicker than the Aussie stuff (smething to do with the amount of cocoa in it, I'm told)

I get Thorntons truffles sent by post, never had a problem with the parcels.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcmercer
Karen,
Its fine to bring choc as long as you declare it on your customs form, brought plenty back from uk yesterday, and lots of hula hops, ticked food box on form and just told customs man what i had. no checking required,
Michaela
Hey! Welcome back Michaela.........I am munching Hula Hoops too....my moving in treat-by-post! How was the trip??
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:30 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Karen
Now that's just plain cruel! I just had to see what this was all about! At least the thought of virtual chocolate won't do my diet any harm!

Binbird
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys I won't have to dream much longer!!!
Karen
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by binbird
Now that's just plain cruel! I just had to see what this was all about! At least the thought of virtual chocolate won't do my diet any harm!

Binbird
Doesn't taste as good though! Karen
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Karen
Yup....I fell for it!

You are seriously going to upset the brits in Oz with the title of your thread. Aussie chocolate is awful. I've been dreaming of Green and Blacks chocolate. You can buy it at $7 a bar in some David Jones food halls - but I haven't found it in Brisbane. At least you can buy Lindt in all the major supermarkets.

Its my birthday soon, so I'm hoping to recieve at least one bar in the post. I've been e-mailing little pictures to my mates as a hint!

Oh, like the other poster says, confess all at customs, then they let you keep it.
Attached Images    
Old Apr 12th 2005, 3:21 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Karen
You're only allowed to import chocolate if it's packed surrounded by fresh fruit from the country of origin with a large label stating the recipients address on the outside!!!

Pffft.....free chocolate....mutter.....mutter.....mumble.......mu mble.....

For any twue chocoholics out there you could always try www.maxbrenner.com.au I know they are in Sydney AND Melbounre not sure about anywhere else. Sun morning head in there for a hot chocolate and just sit there soaking up the smell of pure cocoa.......
Old Apr 12th 2005, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

You can bring in all the chocolate you want, either in ur suitcase or in ur carry on...

From a swiss chocolate addict...

fabie
Old Apr 12th 2005, 4:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindyLoo
Aussie chocolate is awful. .

All chocolate is awful, foul stinking, gloopy muck, but that's just my opinion, so don't shoot me
Old Apr 12th 2005, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't taste as good though! Karen
Where can i get some from? Will send some!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:49 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

For all you chocoholics in Melbourne:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Epicur...525291548.html

http://www.chocoholictours.com.au/
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:52 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

For proper English chocolate in Brisbane try Chocolate Boulevard (AKA "The English Shop"!) in the Myer Centre at Queen St Mall.

Mainly Cadburys but at least it should melt at the right temperature!

Cheers

GLR
Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:53 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GLR
For proper English chocolate in Brisbane try Chocolate Boulevard (AKA "The English Shop"!) in the Myer Centre at Queen St Mall.

Mainly Cadburys but at least it should melt at the right temperature!

Cheers

GLR

I had a look in yesterday to see if their Walkers Crisps consignment had arrived yet...it hadn't. They had some Pickled Onion Monster Munch in a few weeks back, I don't like but my wife does - in a sandwich apparently...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.