Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney School holiday meets

Sydney School holiday meets

Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:30 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney School holiday meets

There are going to be a couple of get togethers over the next two weeks. We are investigating a park in Pennant Hills for a picnic on Monday 29th September - more details to follow shortly (cue Jane!)

Then there will be a meet in the Manly area on Tuesday 30 September from 10.30. This could either be Little Manly Beach (if the weather is nice enough) or an alternative is the park and kiosk at Queenscliff (which might be easier for keeping little ones contained!)

Give your input to this thread so that decisions can be made and feel free to make suggestions for the following Tuesday. To keep costs down we are hoping to choose somewhere with bbqs so we can have an Expats Sausage Sizzle! One suggestion is the Flying Fox Park at Mona Vale.

So, let's hear your ideas. . . .
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sydney School holiday meets

I`ll post details of a Pennant Hills Park tomorrow for Monday.
We`re free to go to wherever on Tues 7th(my younger 2 and two more ) otherwise Wed/Thurs that week I`d have all 3 of my own offspring.Happy to travel. Sausages etc sound great.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

I should be able to make this Monday but without ANY kids (!)

Won't be able to make any more meets this holiday as I am in FIJI - not sure if I have told anyone?!

Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

We shall be able to make the meets suggested. Have no bright ideas for locations to meet, happy with what others suggest.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sal1705
I should be able to make this Monday but without ANY kids (!)

Won't be able to make any more meets this holiday as I am in FIJI - not sure if I have told anyone?!

Was that a last minute booking Sal? Don't think you've mentioned your holiday with all day and night kids club activities before
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also around Monday and Tuesday, and will go where ever...
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:16 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

We are away this Mon and Tue, so no "please contain my toddler" request from me.

Not sure yet what we're doing on Tues 7th, but if we are around should I ask my OH to come and sizzle all our sausages? Or just leave it as the usual ladies?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:04 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 22B
Not sure yet what we're doing on Tues 7th, but if we are around should I ask my OH to come and sizzle all our sausages? Or just leave it as the usual ladies?
Well, it is a man's job after all! So that would be lovely!!!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:21 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by binbird
Give your input to this thread so that decisions can be made and feel free to make suggestions for the following Tuesday. To keep costs down we are hoping to choose somewhere with bbqs so we can have an Expats Sausage Sizzle!

Other good sizzler places are Bobbin Head and Fagan Park.

Both have good play facilities, and FP in particular has lots of open space for the older kids to ride bikes, fly a kite, have a game of footie, etc.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:04 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

It's my birthday on Tuesday 30th so am not sure if Peter will be whisking me off for a wonderful brunch followed by lazy afternoon sipping champers & munching on berries......

Oh .....wait a minute............That was in my dreams............. I have 3 children in tow so maybe the park option is better for us too...LOL
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

tchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nicetchouk is just really nice

We will be around too...where ever location is going to be?????
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I'm only around this Tuesday (30th) of the suggested dates so will come along wherever is decided for that day. I would put a request for a teen-friendly venue as it's likely to be the only family outing I coax my eldest to over the hols!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

I will probably come along both mon and tues next week. I agree about somewhere teen friendly for Tues, a beach would be ideal (assuming the weather cooperates).
Old Sep 28th 2008, 12:45 am
Just Joined

pinkie9999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sydney School holiday meets

Hi all

We are up for going anywhere if SoMa really is happy to chauffer us around again this week. FP, beaches, any where the kids can have fun and be safe
Old Sep 28th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

I'm unlikely to make it to this weeks' meets, but should be around to eat the sausages sizzled by Holmes' other half!!!!
Another suggestion for a holiday meet and sausage sizzle is Blenheim Park in Ryde.... Can get quite busy at holiday times but I guess that's like anywhere!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.