Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fostering in Australia

Fostering in Australia

Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Mancinwales7 is a jewel in the roughMancinwales7 is a jewel in the roughMancinwales7 is a jewel in the roughMancinwales7 is a jewel in the rough
Default Fostering in Australia

Hi there all,

We are looking to move from Britain to Australia next year and jusy wondering if any one had any info on fostering over there? We will innitially find jobs for a while first but our ultimate goal is to foster. Any info on this would be fab, thanks
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fostering in Australia

in brisbane there scraming out for foster parents.a good friend of ours for govnt caring for kids.she is looking for people all the time.you get paid $400 per week per child.plus all school fees paid and clothes books etc.all medicare is sorted.if you want to know more i,ll get her email for you
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Clara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud of

Hi I foster in WA and they are also crying our our foster parents here. Mail me if you want any more details....
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Mancinwales7 is a jewel in the roughMancinwales7 is a jewel in the roughMancinwales7 is a jewel in the roughMancinwales7 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by darrellandsarah
in brisbane there scraming out for foster parents.a good friend of ours for govnt caring for kids.she is looking for people all the time.you get paid $400 per week per child.plus all school fees paid and clothes books etc.all medicare is sorted.if you want to know more i,ll get her email for you
Thank you so much for that as it is Brisbane that we are looking to move to......I was slightly worried as we are British and moving to Australia and didn't know if there was any restrictions placed on us because of that - thanks again
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mancinwales7
Thank you so much for that as it is Brisbane that we are looking to move to......I was slightly worried as we are British and moving to Australia and didn't know if there was any restrictions placed on us because of that - thanks again
dont know of any restrictions.she lives just opposite us and asked if we were interested.
done the kid thing so no way but good luck to you
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Hahaha 'done the kid thing' LOL We already have 3 of our own but by the time we get to foster ours will be 18, 13 and 10........although some do consider us slightly nutty for wanting to foster as ours will be 'grown up' if you know what i mean! Thanks once again
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:29 am
Just Joined

korniotis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Foster Carers are needed in and around Brisbane. Check out www.keyassets.com.au they are a non government foster care agency and have foster care services in Brisbane (QLD), WA and South Australia. They are part of an international organisation with offices in the UK too. In the UK they are called the Foster Care Associates www.thefca.co.uk. To become a foster carer in QLD you need to undergo some preparation training and an assessment and be approved by Child Safety Services. Key Assets Fostering provides ongoing support and training to its foster carers. Their email address is [email protected]

To be a foster carer in QLD you need to have permenant residence status.

Good luck and hope the information helps
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

poppy14 is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought u had to b a citizen first !!!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Pommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to allPommiebird is a name known to all

I just wanted to say that people like you guys are worth their weight in gold.
I could not foster as i know emotionally I couldn't cope when they were taken back/returned.

So I just wanted to say i think your fantastic
Old Jun 7th 2010, 7:29 am
Just Joined

korniotis is an unknown quantity at this point

No you don't have to be a Australian Citizen, but you do have to have permanent residence status
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:05 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommiebird
I just wanted to say that people like you guys are worth their weight in gold. i think your fantastic
I agree - for foster carers.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:18 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

fostering is something I'd love to do when my kids are a little bit older.
Do they let you foster if you both work full time?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:47 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
fostering is something I'd love to do when my kids are a little bit older.
Do they let you foster if you both work full time?
Wanna foster mine?
.....Nah, only joking
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Clara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud of

I am a single parent with only PR and work full time and I foster. I offer respite for other full time carers to have a break on the weekends. BUT I have just had a little one who fitted our life for three months!!! It was a great three months
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I have so much admiration for foster carers. It is an emotionally very tough thing to do at times. I don't think I could do it. At times these kids come from terrible terrible situations, and to hand a child back, knowing what they are going back to much be heart-breaking.

You are fabulous foster carers!

Love

Rudi
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.