Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To fly or not to fly? Help!!

To fly or not to fly? Help!!

Old Mar 5th 2004, 10:33 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: oops

Hi biggy,

thanks for the advice. It will be our first baby and as such an all new experience!!

I'll remember the piccies and even a video nasty If i can take it

Bye
Mark H
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Leonella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 8(

Originally posted by HiddenPaw

Your wife is also very brave to consider flying at 36 weeks -

Good luck with it all, sorry cant offer any real help!
HP

Thanks alot

I am not brave- I am really scared!!!!!:scared:
Old Mar 6th 2004, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8(

Originally posted by Leonella
Thanks alot

I am not brave- I am really scared!!!!!:scared:
of flying or having a baby??!

If the latter...me too, I'm almost 38 weeks now...first baby...so we're in the same boat. I was going to reply and say that the reason I don't think I could have flown at 36 weeks is cos between about 30 and 36 was when I struggled most to get decent air (baby pushing up on diaphragm, etc - I had to keep going outside to gulp cold air as it could make me feel really breathless and faint at times. I find aircraft air a bit stifling anyway so don't think I could have done 12 hr stints on a plane.
Now baby has dropped and I really can breathe again!! )

Hope your pregnancy is going well, and that you're getting time to put your feet up amongst all the hectic migration planning!! Presume from the way your hubby referrred to you as "the boss" you've got him doing exactly what he should
Old Mar 6th 2004, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Leonella is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya HiddenPaw,

The boss at the moment is up stairs in bed asleep.
Meen while I'm doing the washing up, cleaning the kitchen, hoovering, sorting out paperwork for my IEAust application, redecorating the downstairs toilet and a little bit of plastering.
Oh I forgot, tidying the lounge as well!

The pregnancy is going well, but she's been a little tired for the past 3 weeks. I'm the one who did the planning for migration, my wife is just repopulating the planet form me.

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 6th 2004, 3:42 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya HiddenPaw,

Meen while I'm doing the washing up, cleaning the kitchen, hoovering, sorting out paperwork for my IEAust application, redecorating the downstairs toilet and a little bit of plastering.

The pregnancy is going well, but she's been a little tired for the past 3 weeks. I'm the one who did the planning for migration, my wife is just repopulating the planet form me.

Bye
Mark
Mark you missed out one vital thing....you forgot to stick a brush up ur arse so u can sweep the floor while you are doing everything else!!!!!!!!!! hehe

My hubby also applied to IEAust for his skills assessment, it took 4-5 weeks to come through.

Hope all goes well ................... has your wife considered a water birth...I had one 9 years ago was superb....no pain relief required daughter didnt cry for 3 days she was so content............she was such a brill baby we thot oh well it took us a year to conceive with her kets try for another........hmmmmm 4 months later oopsie
:scared: hehe
Old Mar 6th 2004, 3:44 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think about flying longhaul in the late stages of pregnancy.

Many do, and some start during flight. Not many, but quite a few do have uncomfortable experiences!

Pilots used to be allowed to fly until ridiculously late in pregnancy - almost ready to drop. I don't know if that's still the case, but it was a nonsense and probably only because of PC.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 3:52 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Don't think about flying longhaul in the late stages of pregnancy.

Many do, and some start during flight. Not many, but quite a few do have uncomfortable experiences!

Pilots used to be allowed to fly until ridiculously late in pregnancy - almost ready to drop. I don't know if that's still the case, but it was a nonsense and probably only because of PC.
HeHe we have such wonderful sayings "ready to drop"...........my favourite is when people say "I fell pregnant"....... hmmmmmmmm ok u were walking along the street, tripped and fell over...........all of a sudden...........shit I'm pregnant..........hehe just ignore me I am in a silly mood today
Old Mar 6th 2004, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya HiddenPaw,

Bye
Mark
wow! you sound like the perfect husband! Mine's been out cycling for 6 hrs while I've been to Sainsbury, preparing dinner, etc etc

We'll have to have a confirmation post from The Boss to make sure you're not telling porkies.