Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flippin housing market what's going on at all.

Flippin housing market what's going on at all.

Old Jul 6th 2005, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice
Default Re: Flippin housing market what's going on at all.

Originally Posted by jond
Hi we also have a visa burning a hole in our pockets, got to validate by feb05. Had our house on the market for 3 weeks and had 4 viewings, 2 seemed interested but one of them was a complete waster he never said a word until he got into the main bedroom and then wanted to know why there was'nt a window in 1 of the walls ( I don't know I did'nt build the house).
We have not heard from the estate agents for over a week now, I think we will give it another month and then maybe think about dropping the price.

Good luck to everybody in the same boat.

John & Julie
sending some karma to you too x
Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:02 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi everyone.

We really need some good luck Karma for Sunday, we've got a couple coming round for a second viewing, they came last Saturday and the agent rang yesterday to say they want to come back at the weekend he also said they looked at quite a lot of properties but said they liked our's the best, i cant help but get exited.

We put the house for sale 1st March, and the agent said at the time it should sell very quickly, good area, and we've got a really large plot, but over 4mths later and we are still hear, (with the visa in our hands waiting.)

Can't really bear the thought of the kids going back to school in September, my son said all the kids at school have been saying "are you not going to Australia now".

So last week we decided to drop the price not something we wanted to do but we thought it might help or save us a trip out to validate the visa at the end of the year, since we dropped it £18,000 we've had more viewing's.

The estate agent said nothing's really selling at the moment only the bargain's, last month a couple made an offer £45,000 grand under the asking price we told them were to stick the offer.

Any one else in the same boat??

Paula.
Warrington, Cheshire. Brisbane soooooon please.

Oooh snap Paula

It all sounds very familiar. Had our house on the market since beginning of Feb and have only had three viewings. Have reduced by £15k and now have our visas. Also didn't want oldest to go into next year at school and youngest to begin at playgroup. Got another agent coming to value tomorrow but had a viewing this afternoon. Fingers crossed for one and all in the same boat!.

Brisbane sooon as well please.

Shelley x
Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:42 pm
FayenPaul

faye_gillan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paula,

Sending some luck your way! We did opposite way we sold three months ago (in Scotland) sold within four days and have been at the in-laws for a few months now praying our visa's would come, had the party, handed in notice at work and everything! Six weeks on from when we thought we would be going we finally got them yesterday!

It is still boyant in Scotland at the moment, I work for a corporate relocation company and sel employee's houses all over the UK and am sorry to say the market down south is dropping big time, I have been reducing my houses down your way accross the board for the last month, by 310 - £25K and still no offers, it seems there are no proceedable buyers and first time buyers and investors are not moving at all!!

Best of Luck to ya! xx
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by teach
Good luck with the second viewing. We too have a visa burning a hole in our passports and our house was on the market for 11 months before we got any offers at all. We also dropped the price a few times and then accepted an offer 5k under our final asking price, a 20k loss all told, but if it gets us on our merry way we can live with that. We have now been waiting to exchange for nearly 3 weeks and hope it is sooner rather than later.
I too don't want to go back to school in September, so I know what your children are going through.
I hope it all turns out well for you.
Sarah
Hi Sarah,

I hope you exchange soon, even when you get an offer the nail bitting stuff's still not over is it.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Paula
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Aus4us
Hi!!

We should employ you instead of our estate agents!!! Our house has been on the market in Scotland for 3 months!!!!

It is like a big nightmare!!!!!

Got a viewer this weekend though.......first one in weeks!!!!

Roni
Hi Roni.

Best of luck with the viewer this weekend, go for it get it sold.

Lets hope July is a lucky month for us all eh.......keep me updated with how it go's.

Paula.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Second viewing you say.. your lucky, weve been waiting nearly two months and had only one very uninterested viewing.

I am trying to sell privately, but I fear I may need to call in the Estate Agents soon, medicals are booked for next week and we need to sell house for our capital investment request!!! Yikes.. cutting it fine.
I do think you have a better chance with an agent, a couple of my friends tried selling privately but in the end put it for sale with an agent, just make sure you shop around 1st for the lowest price will pay 1%Plus VAT, we had some agent come round that wanted 2%.

GOOD LUCK.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:14 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone.

We really need some good luck Karma for Sunday, we've got a couple coming round for a second viewing, they came last Saturday and the agent rang yesterday to say they want to come back at the weekend he also said they looked at quite a lot of properties but said they liked our's the best, i cant help but get exited.

Paula.
Loats of luck and karma for sunday really hope you get a sale.

Yes we are in the same boat its really pants

sorry wont let me karma you but its there in spirit

Last edited by possoms; Jul 7th 2005 at 8:16 am.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shelley29
Oooh snap Paula

It all sounds very familiar. Had our house on the market since beginning of Feb and have only had three viewings. Have reduced by £15k and now have our visas. Also didn't want oldest to go into next year at school and youngest to begin at playgroup. Got another agent coming to value tomorrow but had a viewing this afternoon. Fingers crossed for one and all in the same boat!.

Brisbane sooon as well please.

Shelley x
Snap shelley.

And your going to Brisbane also (what part ?)

The agent said after July the housing market go's really quiet it picks up a bit in Sep, then go's flat till Feb really hope it gets better not worse.

Our agent said normally they sell around 20 plus houses a wk this time of year, at the mo they are lucky if they sell five.

Just the more we all keep dropping the price in order to get a sale the less we all have to take to Aus, but a friend in Brisbane said the Aussie housing market is just the same, so it might not be all that bad in the end.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone for the good luck you all sent.

I will be keeping my finger's crossed for everyone not just myself, lets hope this month with the interest rates going down this helps us all.

Got me visa, all i want now is to be in Aus, i know we all feel the same.

Best of luck every one for the weekend, lets hope some of us come back next week with some good news to share.

Paula. (fingers crossed ehhh.)
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:41 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aus4us
Hi!!

We should employ you instead of our estate agents!!! Our house has been on the market in Scotland for 3 months!!!!

It is like a big nightmare!!!!!

Got a viewer this weekend though.......first one in weeks!!!!

Roni

Hi Roni,

3 months!! How many viewings have you had? Maybe the estate agent needs a kick up the back side. Anyway good luck with the viewing on Saturday......... Sending good vibes for you.

Jim
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:56 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone.

We put the house for sale 1st March, and the agent said at the time it should sell very quickly, good area, and we've got a really large plot, but over 4mths later and we are still hear, (with the visa in our hands waiting.)

Can't really bear the thought of the kids going back to school in September, my son said all the kids at school have been saying "are you not going to Australia now".

So last week we decided to drop the price not something we wanted to do but we thought it might help or save us a trip out to validate the visa at the end of the year, since we dropped it £18,000 we've had more viewing's.

The estate agent said nothing's really selling at the moment only the bargain's, last month a couple made an offer £45,000 grand under the asking price we told them were to stick the offer.

Paula.
There is alot of us in the same boat, we had a couple very simular to you, they came back for a second viewing then my hubbies heard estate agent talking to them about varies things. Anyway feedback your house is lovely fell in love with it etc etc. But did not realise that we had to pay that ammount of Stamp Duty, tax etc. Do you not find this out before you buy the house. We have been on since Oct and have dropped 50K. Are not dropping any more..
We have now got 3 agents and they all said this house wont take long to sale. Yeah right. Have had no negative feedback, apart from do not like the wooden floors we like carpet, Why look then... we have wooden floors all the way through our house.
So there is loads of us in the same boat.. I thought getting the visa was stressful, this definatley beats that one.. We were doing both together.

Good luck.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:58 am
Parent Contr.143

lened is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same boat .Desparate to sell in order to go to Perth but my estate agent says the markets worse that its been for years .Loads waiting to sell no one buying . :scared:
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pauline
There is alot of us in the same boat, we had a couple very simular to you, they came back for a second viewing then my hubbies heard estate agent talking to them about varies things. Anyway feedback your house is lovely fell in love with it etc etc. But did not realise that we had to pay that ammount of Stamp Duty, tax etc. Do you not find this out before you buy the house. We have been on since Oct and have dropped 50K. Are not dropping any more..
We have now got 3 agents and they all said this house wont take long to sale. Yeah right. Have had no negative feedback, apart from do not like the wooden floors we like carpet, Why look then... we have wooden floors all the way through our house.
So there is loads of us in the same boat.. I thought getting the visa was stressful, this definatley beats that one.. We were doing both together.

Good luck.
OMG, 50k you've dropped the price by, we've got the same problem cause we are over the 250k stamp duty mark, the buyer would have to pay the 3% stamp duty charge and the agent says that put's buyers off, but what can you do only give the ruddy thing away.

We've not had any negative feedback, just had the one offer two weeks ago but that was 45grand less than the asking price, we told him to stick his offer up his a.... so to speak, the agent said the buyers that are making offers are all the same they are putting in really silly one's cause they think everyone's desperate.

Been on the market just over 4mths, 7 viewings so far.

Good luck.

Paula.
Warrington, Cheshire, Brisbane sooooooon ( we hope so anyway).
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Hi Roni,

3 months!! How many viewings have you had? Maybe the estate agent needs a kick up the back side. Anyway good luck with the viewing on Saturday......... Sending good vibes for you.

Jim

Thanks Jim!!

We have only had 5 viewers!!!! :scared: The market is very bad here at the moment with houses in the village sitting for ages!!!! We have upped our advertising and we will have a 1/4 page colour add next week!!! Also we have reduced the price (Fixed price) which made no difference what so ever!!!

However.......maybe this one..........

If only we got a pound for everyone who says It only takes one person!!!

I think I need to devellop patience, somehow!!!!

Thanks for the good vibes!!!!

Roni
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

OMG, 50k you've dropped the price by, we've got the same problem cause we are over the 250k stamp duty mark, the buyer would have to pay the 3% stamp duty charge and the agent says that put's buyers off, but what can you do only give the ruddy thing away.

We've not had any negative feedback, just had the one offer two weeks ago but that was 45grand less than the asking price, we told him to stick his offer up his a.... so to speak, the agent said the buyers that are making offers are all the same they are putting in really silly one's cause they think everyone's desperate.

Been on the market just over 4mths, 7 viewings so far.

Good luck.

Paula.
Warrington, Cheshire, Brisbane sooooooon ( we hope so anyway).
How about offering to pay your buyers stamp duty ? or at least the extra 2% because your over the £250K threshold. You may get a better price and not have to drop as much that way.

Finding the stamp duty @ 3% can be very hard as it's usually available cash you need, not a mortgage, but it would be easier for the seller to fund as they will be recieving house sale funds.

Just a thought but maybe a nice incentive to a buyer struggling to get that 3% tax money and you may not have to drop as much !

Just a thought

Phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.