Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights to the UK from Brisbane!!

Flights to the UK from Brisbane!!

Old May 27th 2010, 12:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to the UK from Brisbane!!

Originally Posted by Smudger82
Really? Return? What time of year was that/how far in advance?
Return, booked last September or October, fly on 1st July. They had a similar sale that has just finished.

Old May 27th 2010, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

If your daughters 17 and full time student she might get a student fare, still OTT bloody aussie prices but they save around $200.

There is one aussie agent that promotes the fares I think it is STA ?? the rest of them should do the discount if you ask.
Old May 28th 2010, 1:22 am
Just Joined

vickey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the tips, have already got the price a little cheaper with Sta travel, not much but better in my pocket than theirs!! Want her to get their safely and without hassle as it's her first trip so will have to pay through the nose unfortunatley!! Thanks again
Old May 28th 2010, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
If your daughters 17 and full time student she might get a student fare, still OTT bloody aussie prices but they save around $200.

There is one aussie agent that promotes the fares I think it is STA ?? the rest of them should do the discount if you ask.
STA actually usually give their student price to everyone when price beating – it’s how they undercut flight centre, drives flight centre mad. STA just give you the student fare and tell the airline they’ve seen your student card.
Old May 28th 2010, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

kms294 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canadaeh
STA actually usually give their student price to everyone when price beating – it’s how they undercut flight centre, drives flight centre mad. STA just give you the student fare and tell the airline they’ve seen your student card.
try zuji.com.au they have sale on until the 31st may. I have got a few good deals with them.. need to be at the right time though.
Old May 29th 2010, 11:06 am
Just Joined

diverre is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I just booked for my wife and two children, one of those now 13, so two adult tickets and a child for just over $7000! far out!! so decided to check the price of the same flights but going the other way on UK version of the website, this was a mistake!! the flights ended up being 1300UK pounds less when flying from London to Brisbaneon exactly the same flights!! I appreciate the exchange rate has changed considerably but even at the old rate of 2.4 its still heaps cheaper to fly the other way.

I hate being ripped off. Why is this ?????
Old May 31st 2010, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

Another one to look at is ucango travel, I booked with them in March to fly to Heathrow return in June (17 days and counting) 1 Adult and 2 Children flying with Royal Brunei $4750. Considering I am travelling in the school holiday period I was surprised at the price and purchased the tickets there and then.

Before anyway says anything about being a booze frere airline, I rarely drink, so it is no hardship for me to be on a booze free flight.

Worth a look at anyway.
Old May 31st 2010, 10:13 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

My sister-in-law (who now works for Qantas) told me yesterday she can get a business class return SYD-LHR for $580!!!! She can also get a business class return for my wife for $1500. Unfortunately thats where the family benefits end and I cant get any quality fares...

...Now - how do *I* find a job at Qantas? I like the sound of those fares!!!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
My sister-in-law (who now works for Qantas) told me yesterday she can get a business class return SYD-LHR for $580!!!! She can also get a business class return for my wife for $1500. Unfortunately thats where the family benefits end and I cant get any quality fares...

...Now - how do *I* find a job at Qantas? I like the sound of those fares!!!
They also get a 'friend' pass who gets the family discount, lasts 6 months each time. They can keep picking the same friend or change it every 6 months. Get her to pick you next time.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:32 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
She can also get a business class return for my wife for $1500.
Yup, I think that's called an ID90...basically 90% discount on the full fare...very nice perk indeed!