Fireman Badge!!

Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:13 am
Badge

Default Fireman Badge!!

Well well ...

the Berwick CFA were full up for recruiting in January - I have now moved house and my local mob are now only 1k away.

On Sunday morning, I ran past the station and ran in. Out of breath I asked whether a) they were recruiting, and b) what the requirements were.

The Captain, a man in his 50s said "Where do you live?". I explained 1k away. He replied "If you can run from there, that's it". (I had visions of having to lift a hose pipe 20 times over my head etc, have a lung expansion test etc etc.)

He said "we need young blokes like you".

All the firegighters there were all in their 40s and 50s - 2 were oldish ladies in their late 50s/early 60s! There were a few blokes in their 30s and 40s.

I got talking to the chief - he alone mans the fire station in the week as most of the firies are off in the city working. If there is a house fire, he gets help from Narre Warren and Berwick..at the weekends, it is us lot.

10 mins later I had a helmet, and a set of overalls which I have to patch as their are holes in - and a hook to put them on. Rookies course is 3 weekends, then 9 months of training before you can be operational..then you get all the gear.

BM
Attached Thumbnails Fireman Badge!!-group_picture.jpg  

Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:15 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fireman Badge!!

But how long before you appear in Pollyana's calendar?

Well done Badge.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Badge! Expect to see you in next years calendar shall we?!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 15th 2004 at 9:18 am.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:16 am
Badge

Originally Posted by bundy
But how long before you appear in Pollyana's calendar?

Well done Badge.
Give me a week to sort out my abs and I'll be right on it..in the meantime :
Attached Thumbnails Fireman Badge!!-badgers.jpg  

Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:20 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one. Do you get paid as well or is it voluntary work?
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:25 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Don
Nice one. Do you get paid as well or is it voluntary work?

voluntary mate. Just the kit is enough. You know; I really miss having decent gear to play around with...
Attached Thumbnails Fireman Badge!!-meaged17.jpg  

Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:17 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Pugh, Pugh, Barney Mc Grew, Cuthbert, Dibble and.... BADGE!!

Well done mate, good on ya.

You've inspired me to think about volunteering for the Mount Thomas FB (if they need 'old women' like me )

Can we persuade you to post a pic of you in your uniform? (you can always wear the breathing gear so we can't see your face.... ).

Anya.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:25 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Pugh, Pugh, Barney Mc Grew, Cuthbert, Dibble and.... BADGE!!
Got a certain ring to it, hasn't it!
However, after meeting that gorgeous hunk who did the calendar signing session today............even Badge couldn't come up to that standard!!! (sorry mate!)
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Badge
Well well ...

the Berwick CFA were full up for recruiting in January - I have now moved house and my local mob are now only 1k away.

On Sunday morning, I ran past the station and ran in. Out of breath I asked whether a) they were recruiting, and b) what the requirements were.

The Captain, a man in his 50s said "Where do you live?". I explained 1k away. He replied "If you can run from there, that's it". (I had visions of having to lift a hose pipe 20 times over my head etc, have a lung expansion test etc etc.)

All the firegighters there were all in their 40s and 50s - 2 were oldish ladies in their late 50s/early 60s! There were a few blokes in their 30s and 40s.

I got talking to the chief - he alone mans the fire station in the week as most of the firies are off in the city working. If there is a house fire, he gets help from Narre Warren and Berwick..at the weekends, it is us lot.

10 mins later I had a helmet, and a set of overalls which I have to patch as their are holes in - and a hook to put them on. Rookies course is 3 weekends, then 9 months of training before you can be operational..then you get all the gear.

BM

Shouldn't those guys in the photo have been concentrating on putting that fire out behind them ??!!

Looks like they need all the help they can get! Good luck with your hose
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:16 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Got a certain ring to it, hasn't it!
However, after meeting that gorgeous hunk who did the calendar signing session today............even Badge couldn't come up to that standard!!! (sorry mate!)
s'OK I like being a battler...

Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:06 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Originally Posted by sjn2003
Shouldn't those guys in the photo have been concentrating on putting that fire out behind them ??!!

Exactly what I was thinking.

Good work Badge.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:29 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Stay alert. The country needs lerts ...
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
Stay alert. The country needs lerts ...
Nah. Stay aloof; the country has enough lerts.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:35 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sjn2003

No, I think it is one of those 'mysterious fires' we get here where the owner wants to get rid of that nice old wooden house, and build 15 units on the block....

Anya.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:41 am
Home and Happy

Which one is Badge......
Attached Thumbnails Fireman Badge!!-firemen.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.